Spam - How easy is the registration process?

Started by Silverstix, 07/03/2018 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

I don't remember the process but isn't there some sort of a code or a confirmation email or something? How easy is it for these bots or spammers or whatever they are to register for the site? I have never seen this much spamming on a forum before. How do we fix this?  :spamcan:  :spammer:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Chefjohn

Yeah that was crazy. It posted in every forum in the space of about 2 minutes.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Silverstix

Brlesq

Unless something has changed, there is no process.  Just sign up and you're in.  Maybe a newer guy can confirm if that is still the case
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Chefjohn

You are correct Bruce. Give an email address, a user name, and a password and you're in.

nirab

Perhaps a verification process is in order. I just joined a Toyota Hilux group, and I had to wait to be verified...there are a lot more cigar smokers out there than us Hilux drivers!! :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cigary

It goes with the territory of Spammers....they are a creative bunch that spend their time infiltrating and much like getting diarrhea every so often...we deal with it.

Mautrak

QuoteBrlesq - 7/3/2018  4:57 PM

Unless something has changed, there is no process.  Just sign up and you're in.  Maybe a newer guy can confirm if that is still the case

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  When I signed up Bruce told me I had to send him $20 to be verified.  Has this policy changed?

Silverstix

QuoteMautrak - 7/3/2018  8:48 PM  
QuoteBrlesq - 7/3/2018  4:57 PM  Unless something has changed, there is no process.  Just sign up and you're in.  Maybe a newer guy can confirm if that is still the case
Whoa, whoa, whoa.  When I signed up Bruce told me I had to send him $20 to be verified.  Has this policy changed?

Yes it's now $50. You know, FDA regulations driving everything up  :biggrin:  

Brlesq

QuoteSilverstix - 7/5/2018  8:38 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 7/3/2018  4:57 PM  Unless something has changed, there is no process.  Just sign up and you're in.  Maybe a newer guy can confirm if that is still the case

The price of my cigars went up from 2012 to 2017, and inflation kicked in. Both of you got your verification "expedited" as  promised, and you obviously both got in.  I don't see a problem here!

:biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Silverstix

Can something please be done about this already?

Chefjohn

Yeah, it's crazy. That's twice in the past three days.

Beegerply

QuoteBrlesq - 7/5/2018  11:20 AM

QuoteSilverstix - 7/5/2018  8:38 AM

The price of my cigars went up from 2012 to 2017, and inflation kicked in. Both of you got your verification "expedited" as  promised, and you obviously both got in.  I don't see a problem here!

:biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

StogieDad

This thread......:lmao:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

shakinghorizons

They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

toby2

some of it is probably some jackass that got his feelings hurt here and now passes the time by screwing up the home page while waiting on his new genuine extra large butt plug to show up in the mail from Idodonkeys.com

shakinghorizons

Quotetoby2 - 7/13/2018  7:28 AM

Idodonkeys.com

You should have told me you were a member, I just paid my yearly dues!

toby2

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/13/2018  10:12 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 7/13/2018  7:28 AM   Idodonkeys.com

i knew that was coming....  :biggrin:  

Silverstix

Quotetoby2 - 7/13/2018  10:12 AM  

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/13/2018  10:12 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 7/13/2018  7:28 AM   Idodonkeys.com

i knew that was coming....  :biggrin:  

I was gonna tell you that the link wasn't working, but I figured, nah....Colin's got this one   

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.