September Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 07/07/2018 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by biggsy16 (Rich)

The Cigar: Illusione Gigantes Maduro (6.5 x 56)

The Specs:

Country Manufactured: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Mexico
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Dual Nicaragua Criollo 98/Corojo 99

The Hype:

Illusione cigars were a dream made into a reality by cigar retail veteran Dion Giolito. Dion had been working in cigar stores and eventually running his own cigar shop for about 15 years. Like a lot of cigar fanatics, he wanted to create his own cigar that was blended for his own personal taste. Dion made a great choice when he paired up with Paul Palmer of Casa Fernandez cigars to make Illusion cigars. Illusione cigars are made with 1st generation Corojo '99 and Criollo '98 tobacco grown in Nicaragua. Illusione cigars are a bold, medium to full bodied experience with a complex blend of flavors ranging from coffee, earth and leather. The taste is reminiscent of pre-Sandanista Nicaraguan cigars.

Illusione Gigantes cigars are a big follow up to the very popular Illusione Rothchilde. The newest cigar from the boutique brand is full of flavor yet medium-bodied, precisely what Illusione is known for.

This large and in charge cigar is packed with earthy flavors such as cocoa, salted nuts, leather, pepper, and has a sweet creaminess from the dark Mexican San Andres maduro wrapper and the well-aged blend of Aganorsa long-fillers derived from Nicaragua. Joined with an enjoyable floral aroma, this premium cigar is not too big for your britches.

A blend of Nicaraguan Criollo '98 and Corojo '99, and finished with a 'Capa Rustica' San Andreas Wrapper. Medium to full-bodied and very complex. The CT series is a blend of Nicaraguan Criollo '98 and Corojo '99, and finished with a Connecticuit Shade Wrapper from Ecuador. Medium bodied and very complex

Due Date: August 25th., 2018

The Reviewers:

Veteran or plus status. Must not have done a Geek Critique review in June, July, or August. Must be an active member.

1. apollo (Stephen)
2. headfirst (Gary)
3. kalmm143 (Kevin)
4. benchjockey (Barry)
5. beegerply (Byron)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Rich for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

klamm143

I'll throw my name it on this one Peter - I can't let headfirst (Gary) have all the fun!!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

appollo

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

headfirst

This is how it's been lately on these it seems, it's not you Rich.  C'mon geeks!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

benchjockey

Haven't done a GC all year but I'd love a shot at this one.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

junglepete

Quotebenchjockey - 7/12/2018  12:24 AM

Haven't done a GC all year but I'd love a shot at this one.

You're in Barry
Guru of Frugality

benchjockey

My thanks to Rich for giving this Mexican wrapper fan an opportunity to smoke a cigar I haven't tried yet. And thanks to Pete for answering this so quickly.

junglepete

Let's bump this baby and get another reviewer before I break the rules and do it myself  :biggrin: Who wouldn't want to smoke an Illusion anyway  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

appollo

Quotejunglepete - 7/14/2018  10:35 AM

Let's bump this baby and get another reviewer before I break the rules and do it myself  :biggrin: Who wouldn't want to smoke an Illusion anyway  :confused:
Great sticks all the ones I have smoked

benchjockey

Beegerply

I done one in June Pete but if know one wants to I'll be more then happy to.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

Beegerply

Thanks Rich and Pete really looking forward to this
Byron

biggsy16

Cigars will going out this to address on profile unless you tell me otherwise, thanks
Never done being a Dad

biggsy16

Mailed today, let me know when you have received the item in question
Never done being a Dad

appollo

benchjockey

Package arrived in good shape. Your generosity is much appreciated, Rich!

biggsy16

Your welcome, please update if cigars arrived
Never done being a Dad

Beegerply

Rich still have not received a package I'm hoping today.  :-(   :biggrin:
Byron

appollo

Rich received my pkg.today.it sure picked up a lot of hitchhikers coming across country.Thanks a lot rich I will look foreword to turning them into ash.The towel will come in handy in wiping the sweat beads off my cold beer.

klamm143

Ditto (Exactly) to what Appollo said - Got my package in today as well - cigars in perfect condition even though one side of the box was crushed - that TOWEL saved to day Brother. WOW on the hitchhikers - much appreciated.
Kevin R. Lamm

Beegerply

Got mine yesterday Rich wow thanks for the extras looking forward to smoking them also all new to me.  :biggrin:
Byron

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.