I am back!!!! Sort of....

Started by PETE314, 07/09/2018 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

So the last most of you had heard from me...I was picking out a cigar for a clean scan back in March/April...

Well...unfortunately the scan wasn't clean.  They found 2 more tumors on my liver.  So I went back under the knife in early May.  They took half of the right lobe of my liver and basically scooped out the second tumor.  I have about a 2 foot scar across my body.  Combined with the scar from my surgery in January, I look like I lost a sword fight or some how survived Hari Kari.  

It has been a very difficult recovery.  I am still on pain meds 2 months after the surgery.  I was readmitted for a short time due to some fluid buildup.  It has definitely not been a vacation...not to mention the first surgery depleted my PTO and I haven't had a pay check in a while.  I am hurting quite a bit even now.

It isn't all bad news....First and foremost...the tumors were benign!!!  So they are not related to the original cancer.  My first scan after the liver surgery was just a few weeks ago.  They are CLEAN!!!!  So at this time I am CANCER FREE!!!!  For the time being I am considered as cured.  Now unfortunately the scan showed that I have a clot in the vein that drains the small intestine near my first surgery.  So I am on blood thinners for at least 3 months...

I have started back to work on a limited basis.  I am reduced to 4hrs a day...and even that wears me out.  I am able to do this from home, so I can break it up a little and get some rest in between.  I am not online much aside from maybe a little Facebook from my phone...but I am starting to check in here some.  I have a couple packages that I need to send out in the near future...Some thank you's...lol. So slowly but surely I will be catching up on everything...See you in the forums!!!

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Camshaft83

Sorry to hear you had to go back under the knife. But it being benign is great news. Hope the cancer stays gone for good this time. Well wishes to a speedy recovery.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

headfirst

Dang, rough patch but glad things are starting to look up.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Pete, glad to hear that your cancer free, and you are back at Geeks
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

It's wonderful to hear you're cancer free, Pete! You have a lot of friends here pulling for you. Great seeing you're maintaining a positive attitude.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

jagfandaddy

Good luck on the recovery! All the best
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Beegerply

Prayers sent your way Pete get well.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Silverstix

Life is a fragile thing, man. Not to be taken for granted. Glad to hear the good news.  Hang in there and keep fighting, you'll be back on your feet in no time with a cool scar to tell stories about - maybe from a duel in Cuba over the last box of Cohibas (which you won of course)

Brlesq

Glad to hear that things are looking better, Peter!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Chefjohn

Our thoughts and prayers for a quick and full recovery.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

junglepete

All the best with your recovery. Take care.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cap10_Morgan

That sucks and it's great at the same time.  Hope things keep looking up for you, man!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Kid Montana

Awesome news Pete, glad to hear things are on the up and up, looking forward to some quality snark.

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

Good to hear you're on the mend Pete and really great news that you're cancer free.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Prayers n healing light my brother...glad to have ya back!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Welcome home brother!! The family here knew you'd be back. Keep things on the mend and we will c ya soon.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

pferg

good to hear that your cancer free and best wishes for a quick recovery

Mautrak

That is a rough road, Pete, but you're getting good news lately which is nice.

klamm143

Great news........welcome back..........and hoping you remain cancer free.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

ntanner

Glad you're on the mend Pete.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

BewareDaPenguin

Man super scary C word! Glad things are turning for you man!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

PETE314

Yeah... I am on the backside of this rehab.  Still a ways to go to feel normal.  I am gaining a lot of weight because I can't do a whole lot but my meds make me hungry as hell....Right now the biggest hurdle is emotional.  I have been just beat to hell over the past 10+ months emotionally.  And it is getting to a point where I am waiting for the next shoe to drop.  Like this clot...

My mind knows that while it is serious..it isn't a huge deal but emotionally...I was just so depressed that I can't seem to get over this hurdle. I just want to focus on work and my weight and my wife and family...etc..  It has me thinking..?what is it going to be next time???  I really want a cigar...I haven't had one since April.  But...I am not quite there... getting close...with the blood thinner I can't have a "drink".  So when I do get my cigar...it will be good.. but just a reminder that I am not all the way there yet...lol

I have good days and bad ones...today was pretty good...a few more of these and I will be heading into the office instead of staying at home.  Trying to stay positive..but what a pain in the ass that is...lol. It's exhausting!!!!  LMAO

Thanks for all of the good thoughts and encouragement!!!  Stay smokey!!!
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

toby2

you are so strong. i can't even imagine what you have risen above. thoughts and prayers brother!

1sgjeffward

Know how bad the surgery part is I'm on my 14th! Hang tight and glad the results ended up good making it worth it.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.