How Do You Organize Your Humidor/Tupperdor?

Started by Chefjohn, 07/18/2018 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

How do you guys organize your sticks in your Humidors or tupperdors? Currently in my tupperdor I have 2 cedar trays each with a divider and I have my sticks arranged by body/strength (mild, mild med, med full, and full). Do you organize by wrapper type, country of origin? Just looking for ideas.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

shakinghorizons

Organization? What you talk'n bout willis?

In all seriousness, in my wineador I have my single up to 5'er CC's on the first drawer, AVO and Davidoff on the second, and absolutely no order for the remaining shelves.

I also have 2 Igloo coolers with CC's aging.

Chefjohn

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/18/2018  5:17 PM

Organization? What you talk'n bout willis?

In all seriousness, in my wineador I have my single up to 5'er CC's on the first drawer, AVO and Davidoff on the second, and absolutely no order for the remaining shelves.

I also have 2 Igloo coolers with CC's aging.

What are CC's?

Cfickter

CC's are the same as ISOMs
Forbidden fruit

As for me I organize by just keeping brands together other than the ISOMs which are in Thier own humidor.  One exception are yardgars which have Thier own humidor also
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chefjohn

QuoteCfickter - 7/18/2018  5:30 PM

CC's are the same as ISOMs
Forbidden fruit

As for me I organize by just keeping brands together other than the ISOMs which are in Thier own humidor.  One exception are yardgars which have Thier own humidor also

That would be the ideal for me also Chuck but I don't have enough humidors YET (bwaa haa haa). I was considering organizing by country of origin.

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 7/18/2018  5:30 PM

^^This.  Except in the first sentence, replace the word "humidor" with ""cabinet"   :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

I organize by brand for those where I have more than a couple ie. My Father, Padron, Flatbed etc...if I only have one or two, there is a shelf for that. New stuff has its own place, unless it falls into the more than a couple, which I usually match with the factory that rolled it ie. Crowned Heads/My Father/EP Carrillo. I also have a connecticut section, which has been my preference as of late. Then, I have an aging humidor, and a CC humi. The aging humi is getting into regular rotation now, as its been long enough for most sticks in it. CC's are for when I am at home, or go into the shop early to get work done. Lots to be said about sitting in the shop with no activity, some music on and a steaming hot cup of coffee...man, I sure am OCD, ain't I?!!! :biggrin:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

I have a tower, the rh near the top is typically lower so I keep my CC, Opus and some other stuff that can age. The rest of the tower is a mess as stuff got added I tried to keep brands together but as it grew I started to just fill in the space. It could use a good "cleaning". I still do keep track of every cigar in my online humidor and I mostly know in my head where everything is.

I also have a desktop, tupperware container and 40ct travel humidor that are mostly overflow. Been contemplating a 120qt cooler....
This is not the admin you're looking for...

c9belayer

My coolidor has 5 shelves, and originally the smokes were organized alphabetically by brand. Originally. It don't mean much now since I rotate shelves every week, and new purchases often don't "fit" with their brethren. I do however prefer to group by Brand when possible. Having said that, after a while you just get familiar with where things are, so don't go crazy over it. It can lead to happy surprises, too! I also have a desktop humidor that's dedicated to Ezra Zion and another dedicated to Drew Estate. Have fun with it and don't fret the organization!
-- c9belayer

appollo

I try to go by brands.There are some grands that a really like ie.Crowned heads.Flatbed,etc.have their own space I keep my ISOM separate as well as yardgars.

Chefjohn

That's some awesome organization Brian.

wescat

QuoteCfickter - 7/18/2018  7:30 PM

^^This.
I use Camacho Liberty chests for storage, as they are well made and fit the shelves of my cabinet perfectly.
One chest for Tatuaje, 1 for Illusione, 1 for DPG, 1 for CLE, 1 for yard gars, 1 for Curivari, 1 for Padron, 1 for La Riqueza, 1 for Padilla, 1 for Caldwell, 1 for Oliva, 1 for Arturo Fuente, many for Crowned Heads, many for Drew Estates, many for RP, many for Ramon Bueso, many for Camacho, many for Ambos Mundos, many with a mix of brands in them, etc.

I put all of the tobacco I want to store at a little bit lower %RH in the bottom of the cabinet. It is ~ 6' tall, and there is an ~ 1.5 %RH variance top to bottom in it, even though it has a circulation fan that runs continuously.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Chefjohn

wescat

QuoteChefjohn - 7/18/2018  9:01 PM

That is quite the setup Kevin.
Well, I do love tobacco. And it took me many years to accrue. And I really enjoy smoking the inventory down.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Chefjohn

Ive smoked the ocasional cigar here and there but have just recently really getting serious about it. Ive just set up my first (of what i'm sure will be m,any) tupperdor and am learning a lot from this site and the forums.

wescat

QuoteChefjohn - 7/18/2018  9:19 PM

Ive smoked the ocasional cigar here and there but have just recently really getting serious about it. Ive just set up my first (of what i'm sure will be m,any) tupperdor and am learning a lot from this site and the forums.
It is a damn fun learning process. You enjoy it John.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

toby2

in the cabinets i use cedar trays and stack boxes based on the Tetris method. in the coolers it's Tetris again. used to be able to get the trays by the case with the "name your price" deal at cheaphumidors.com but they cut that out and the price now is about double what i paid for the two cases i managed to get. i do try and keep the boxes together as far as brand goes but that rarely works out.

Koop

Wow, you guys are way more organized than I am. I move cigars to the top tray loosely by age - I rarely smoke the same stick on consecutive days, so I rotate through them and move them up as I go along. I tend to buy more cigars than I have room for, so some stay in the boxes until I have room to move them to the bottom humidor.

Beegerply

Wow I'm not known for my organizing skills lol put them in the humi and call it a day. Come time to smoke dig through till I find what I want shut the lid. Smoke.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

PETE314

I'll let you know when I get it done....LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

StogieDad

I try and keep brands together in certain humidors/coolers/tupperdors.  CCs all stay together, but really after several years of trying, it is just all in there for the most part.  Part of the fun is the search for a stick.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Boogeyman81

Alphabetically-ish by manufacturer. I got tired of digging around for something and finally just sorted everything out. Only exception is the top shelf of my viewing humidor are some of my high end sticks, and then each shelf goes A-E, F-N etc. Have a couple shelves with baskets in my freezerador and I love it so much more than having a grab bag.

toby2

QuoteStogieDad - 7/19/2018  10:33 AM  I try and keep brands together in certain humidors/coolers/tupperdors.  CCs all stay together, but really after several years of trying, it is just all in there for the most part.  Part of the fun is the search for a stick.

yup. finding stuff you forgot about is a blast. 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.