Avo 22 redux

Started by MusicCity, 07/19/2018 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicCity

Anyone else smoke this yet? Thought? Especially compared to the original release ( if you got a chance to smoke it and remember it if you did).

shakinghorizons

I have had both of the OR, American - too much pepper and European - just meh, so I have held off purchasing the redux. I understand that they tried to match the American version for the redux - had they matched the European, I might be more apt to trying it.

MusicCity

CDM in Chicago still has singles of the OR. I bought one and smoked it a month or two ago anticipating the rerelease.  I thought the OR had more body and olor although the flavor fell off in the second half of the cigar. The redux was more of what I'd expect from an Avo and I really didn't get any olor out of it at all. Construction on both was phenomenal.  Overall I felt like the redux didn't have enough body for my tastes these days and even when looking for a milder cigar it wouldn't have enough to hold my attention. Stoked about the diademas finas though!

shakinghorizons

QuoteMusicCity - 7/20/2018  9:13 AM
Stoked about the diademas finas though!

To
Much
Cigar

LOL - seriously though, if I am dedicating that much time to a stick, it's a Sir Winnie.

whodeeni

What is “olor”?

QuoteMusicCity - 7/20/2018  2:13 PM  CDM in Chicago still has singles of the OR. I bought one and smoked it a month or two ago anticipating the rerelease.  I thought the OR had more body and olor although the flavor fell off in the second half of the cigar. The redux was more of what I'd expect from an Avo and I really didn't get any olor out of it at all. Construction on both was phenomenal.  Overall I felt like the redux didn't have enough body for my tastes these days and even when looking for a milder cigar it wouldn't have enough to hold my attention. Stoked about the diademas finas though!

If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

Silverstix

Quotewhodeeni - 7/23/2018  1:59 PM  What is “olor”?

QuoteMusicCity - 7/20/2018  2:13 PM  CDM in Chicago still has singles of the OR. I bought one and smoked it a month or two ago anticipating the rerelease.  I thought the OR had more body and olor although the flavor fell off in the second half of the cigar. The redux was more of what I'd expect from an Avo and I really didn't get any olor out of it at all. Construction on both was phenomenal.  Overall I felt like the redux didn't have enough body for my tastes these days and even when looking for a milder cigar it wouldn't have enough to hold my attention. Stoked about the diademas finas though!

It's a Dominican tobacco  

Chefjohn

I'm not familiar with these. So much to learn. Anyone have some info?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Silverstix

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/20/2018  11:58 AM  
QuoteMusicCity - 7/20/2018  9:13 AM Stoked about the diademas finas though!
To Much  Cigar  LOL - seriously though, if I am dedicating that much time to a stick, it's a Sir Winnie.

And I don't really like the jar they come in either to be honest with ya.

Got a line on any Winnies??  :biggrin:  

MusicCity

Interesting, I think the jar is sweet.

Silverstix

Broke down, bought a jar LOL. I was looking at the Asia jar and it's actually really sharp looking. The rest of the designs are kinda blah.  I love Davidoff, sentimental reasons, and it will be a great piece to have and display long after the cigars are smoked

Chefjohn

What are these sticks and these jars you're referring too.

Silverstix

QuoteChefjohn - 7/25/2018  4:38 PM  What are these sticks and these jars you’re referring too.

https://halfwheel.com/davidoff-diademas-finas-limited-edition-50th-anniversary-prerelease  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

Chefjohn

Ok, thats pretty sweet.

MusicCity

SBC has them in stock now if anyone was wondering.

Silverstix

QuoteMusicCity - 7/26/2018  7:56 PM  SBC has them in stock now if anyone was wondering.

Use code PUFF for 10% off  

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.