I'm back!

Started by Redwings7883, 07/22/2018 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwings7883

It's been a while since I'v been on here! I have had a crazy last couple years, but now that things have settled down, I think I am going to get back into the cigar world, and what better way than on here!!

I was wondering if its possible to bring back a stale cigar thats been sitting in a humidor tucked away in a closet and not cared for properly. I was wondering if I should chalk them up as losses or can they be brought back so to speak?
Regards,
Ryan
Regards,
Ryan

ninfiction

Welcome back!

I think it's worth a try, unless they were crappy cigars to begin with. My understanding is you need to slowly increase the RH, start as low as possible and creep it up every few days to a week. If you go too fast they'll expand and crack the wrappers.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

klamm143

Yupp - exactly what Brian said - double ditto to the welcome back part.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Kid Montana

Consider it a loss.  You can recover cigars if they've only been dried for a while, say a couple weeks, otherwise its junk.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Chefjohn

I would say there's no harm in trying.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Redwings7883

Thanks! I'll give it a go
Regards,
Ryan

05Venturer

Welcome Back Ryan  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

c9belayer

Definitely give it a go, if only to learn what a properly humidified back-from-the-dead cigar tastes like when all it's flavor compounds evaporated long ago... Don't ask me how I know! ;-)
Your mileage may vary of course, but I guarantee it's going to be a learning experience!
Do let us know how it turns out.
-- c9belayer

Cfickter

No loss if if I try.  Like Dan said might be nearly Impossible but give it a try
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.