Winning!

Started by Cfickter, 07/24/2018 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

So for a number of years not Kent (aka 05Venturer) and I have had a running bet every time his Brewers and my Pirates play a series against each other.  Being in the same division this happens quite often.  Generally a fiver for the winner of the 3 game series.  Earlier this season the Brewers and Pirates split the first two games and the third game was rained out.  Last weekend the Brewers were back in town for a new series and the makeup game was scheduled as part of a double header.  We could not figure out which game was the make up game so we decided to combine the series winner take all 10 pack.  Well the Pirates got hot and swept the series so here are my winnings

As usual, being a great Geek Kent did not disappoint.

K

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

toby2

looks like a solid set of sticks!

appollo

Silverstix

Nice haul!! I'm a Mets fan.....good thing I don't play this game with anybody!! lol

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Chefjohn

QuoteSilverstix - 7/24/2018  11:42 AM

Nice haul!! I'm a Mets fan.....good thing I don't play this game with anybody!! lol

Right there with you Tom. Ive been a Met's fan since I was a kid. When I was a kid my dad was one of the founders of the North Patchogue Youth Athletic League and each year we would have and awards dinner (in the good old days when we actually had to arm out trophies) and we won have a player from there Mets come and speak. I got to meat a number of great players including a couple of my baseball idols, Tom Seaver, Ed Kranepool, Rusty Staub, and Tug McGraw.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Jay'D

Good win and some nice sticks there
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Chefjohn

Those are some nice looking sticks. I recognize a couple of the labels but they all look great.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

frankj1

QuoteChefjohn - 7/24/2018  3:08 PM

QuoteSilverstix - 7/24/2018  11:42 AM

Right there with you Tom. Ive been a Met's fan since I was a kid. When I was a kid my dad was one of the founders of the North Patchogue Youth Athletic League and each year we would have and awards dinner (in the good old days when we actually had to arm out trophies) and we won have a player from there Mets come and speak. I got to meat a number of great players including a couple of my baseball idols, Tom Seaver, Ed Kranepool, Rusty Staub, and Tug McGraw.
no Ron Hunt, Choo Choo Coleman, Ron Swoboda or Roger Craig!

klamm143

Nice "winnings" right there...........................
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

tvolball

Charlie agrees
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

05Venturer

Enjoy Chuck. I'm sure there will be some sticks headed my way from Burgh in not too long. LOL  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.