Tip/Advice For Other Rookies

Started by Chefjohn, 07/24/2018 12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

If you're new to premium cigars and in particular setting up a humidor/tupperdor fo store them, for your humidifier definitely go with Boveda packs. My tupperdor which is getting some seasoning on the cedar trays has 4 69% packs in the bottom.

FFE4_B0_E5_C580_4_E32_8_E06_FAA32_D939385

I'd say they work.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

appollo

Chefjohn

Quoteappollo - 7/24/2018  1:49 PM

Good advice.My choice for humidification.

Mine too thanks to the advice of some great folks here including you sir.

Jay'D

Nice advice, but I'm wondering about recharging mines. Do you just throw them in some distilled water and for how long?
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

ninfiction

QuoteJay'D - 7/24/2018  2:05 PM

Nice advice, but I'm wondering about recharging mines. Do you just throw them in some distilled water and for how long?

I have enough that I rotate them. The ones I'm recharging I put in a small airtight container with a smaller cup of distilled water. It can take some time. Occasionally I'll spray them with a bottle to hurry them up. I have not submerged them directly into distilled water, but I know of people doing that. You need to keep an eye on them though if you do that. If you just keep a cup in with them and not submerge them you can leave them indefinitely and it won't ruin them.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Chefjohn

QuoteJay'D - 7/24/2018  3:05 PM

I haven't done it as of yet but my understanding is that you put them in an airtight container with a container of distilled water (not in it) and just let it sit there. I had asked about humidifiers on this forum back June and if you do a search for "humidifier" you should see the advice I got.

Chefjohn

Quoteninfiction - 7/24/2018  3:14 PM

I have enough that I rotate them. The ones I'm recharging I put in a small airtight container with a smaller cup of distilled water. It can take some time. Occasionally I'll spray them with a bottle to hurry them up. I have not submerged them directly into distilled water, but I know of people doing that. You need to keep an eye on them though if you do that. If you just keep a cup in with them and not submerge them you can leave them indefinitely and it won't ruin them.

I'm doing the same Brian. I have a 200 count humidor on order and I purchased 4 Boveda 320 gram 69% packs, 2 to go in and 2 to rotate out when I recharge the others.

Jay'D

Quoteninfiction - 7/24/2018  4:14 AM

About how long it stakes to recharge using the air tight container and a cup of distilled water? When do you know they have been charged enough and can you over recharge them?
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Chefjohn

I really cant answer how long it takes to recharge them but you cant overcharge them. That's the beauty of Boveda. It's a 2 way humidity control. It both puts out or absorbs humidity to maintain the RH level for the particular pack.

c9belayer

I too rotate some Boveda packs. I use my 10-count traveldor case for this. It's airtight and waterproof, so why not?! When I travel, I put the Boveda packs in a ziploc bag, and use the case for the trip. The packs are fine in a ziploc for 1-2 weeks...
-- c9belayer

Cfickter

I rehydrate my Bovidas regularly. I always have a sealed bag of fresh packs of all gram sizes and it can take a couple of weeks
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.