Contest: I have a problem....

Started by ninfiction, 07/25/2018 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

A serious problem...

I waste way too much time playing in the arcade. One game in particular, WOW Connect 1.4. I own all of the All-Time High Scores and I still play daily.

Here's the deal: I won't play the rest of the month...yeah not even a week, but maybe it'll break me from the habit.

Whoever has the highest score on July 31st before the scores reset will win a fabulous fiver. It's that simple, you don't even have to get on the All Time list.

However, if you do beat one of my scores, even my lowest from this month I'll throw in a little something extra.

Open to any active Geeks...like you've been around and posted for more than a couple weeks.

I'll offer this one hint. When you complete a level don't click "Next Level' until the circle in the lower left corner (it displays %) hits zero, you get extra points for left over time(%).

Good luck!

Here's a link for the lazy http://www.cigargeeks.com/arcade/arcade.asp?action=game&gameid=104&score=13715
This is not the admin you're looking for...

shakinghorizons

Didn't care for it at first, but actually a great strategy game!

ninfiction

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/25/2018  8:19 PM

Didn't care for it at first, but actually a great strategy game!

I'm totally addicted...so very sad

klamm143

LMAO.....YOU SIR - are always finding new ways to stir stuff up.........hehehe!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cap10_Morgan

Interesting.  Haven't really played any games, but will give this a shot.  Thanks!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Kid Montana

Its a pretty good game, we'll see how quickly I learn successful strats.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 7/25/2018  7:12 PM

A serious problem...

I waste way too much time playing in the arcade. One game in particular, WOW Connect 1.4. I own all of the All-Time High Scores and I still play daily.

Here's the deal: I won't play the rest of the month...yeah not even a week, but maybe it'll break me from the habit.

Whoever has the highest score on July 31st before the scores reset will win a fabulous fiver. It's that simple, you don't even have to get on the All Time list.

However, if you do beat one of my scores, even my lowest from this month I'll throw in a little something extra.

Open to any active Geeks...like you've been around and posted for more than a couple weeks.

I'll offer this one hint. When you complete a level don't click "Next Level' until the circle in the lower left corner (it displays %) hits zero, you get extra points for left over time(%).

Good luck!

Here's a link for the lazy http://www.cigargeeks.com/arcade/arcade.asp?action=game&gameid=104&score=13715

I want your life.  All games and chocolate cake these days. :biggrin:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Beegerply

I use to play that game all time really liked it.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ninfiction

QuoteDeener27 - 7/26/2018  6:01 AM

You don't know the half of it!

Silverstix

Damn dude, I gotta take a break.....some of those levels get so hard they make your eyes cross....definitely addicting though

ninfiction

QuoteSilverstix - 7/26/2018  10:18 AM

Damn dude, I gotta take a break.....some of those levels get so hard they make your eyes cross....definitely addicting though

Or don't take a break, they only get easier the more you do them  :biggrin:

Cfickter

thanks for the contest Brian, I have been on Geeks for 6 years and never played any of the games, but have to give this a try
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 7/26/2018  9:32 AM

QuoteDeener27 - 7/26/2018  6:01 AM

You don't know the half of it!

I get it now.  This is why you don't jump on the herf but once in a blue moon now.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

headfirst

Heh heh, gotta find me a little arcade time.  I'll PM you my new addy Brian  :shooter:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

Quoteheadfirst - 7/26/2018  7:25 PM

Heh heh, gotta find me a little arcade time.  I'll PM you my new addy Brian  :shooter:

I figured you might find this lol

Cap10_Morgan

Interesting game.  Just can't find the time to play without annoying the hell out of my wife with all the clicking, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Silverstix

Headfirst sneaking into the lead! I think you might have this one, I don't know how the hell I managed to get 7,000+......no way I can do that again

headfirst

QuoteSilverstix - 7/30/2018  8:49 AM

Headfirst sneaking into the lead! I think you might have this one, I don't know how the hell I managed to get 7,000+......no way I can do that again

Before the days Brian found his gaming addiction on here I ruled the scoreboard on this one.  I thought I was going to be pretty tough to beat.  I broke something like 5 year old high score records to ascend to the throne and was enjoying my feat...only to be mowed over weeks later by this guy.  I figure if that 5'er is going to anyone in this contest it's ME!  And NO, I'M NOT BITTER!!! :cry:  :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Silverstix

Quoteheadfirst - 7/30/2018  9:36 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/30/2018  8:49 AM  Headfirst sneaking into the lead! I think you might have this one, I don't know how the hell I managed to get 7,000+......no way I can do that again
Before the days Brian found his gaming addiction on here I ruled the scoreboard on this one.  I thought I was going to be pretty tough to beat.  I broke something like 5 year old high score records to ascend to the throne and was enjoying my feat...only to be mowed over weeks later by this guy.  I figure if that 5'er is going to anyone in this contest it's ME!  And NO, I'M NOT BITTER!!! :cry:  :biggrin:

Well that's great to hear, last thing we need around here is petty bitterness over some stupid arcade game  :biggrin:

ninfiction

LOL

About a day and half left. I have faith someone can beat Gary...I mean one of my scores

ninfiction

Last day to take a shot at my scores. The withdrawal has not been easy to cope with.

I'll declare a winner around 11pm Central. I'm not sure when exactly the scores reset and don't want to miss it.

headfirst

If only the IT here would stop blocking CG I'd be gunning for your scores...
-Charles Spurgeon

ninfiction

Ok I have a confession to make...I failed to look at the scores before going to bed last night. I assume Gary ended up with the highest score, he was pretty far ahead of anyone else.

Let me know if you believe me to be mistaken, not sure how we can proved it but I'll figure something out.

Congrats Gary and thanks to the rest of you for trying!

headfirst

No biggie to me if I don't win Brian...
-Charles Spurgeon

Savonian

Quoteninfiction - 8/1/2018  4:57 PM

I assume Gary ended up with the highest score, he was pretty far ahead of anyone else.

This is what I assume as well. The rest of us were not even in the same ballpark. Last time I played (this morning European time, so about midnight your time) Gary was leading by a wide margin.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.