"A fine cigar is the essence of life. The tobacco plant comes from the earth, from which we ourselves were created. Like ourselves, each leaf grows and is nurtured individually, acquiring its own characteristics, and is then graded, sorted, and matured according to their special abilities. As tobacco comes to its graduation in the making of cigars, as with the making of adults, some is left on the cutting room table and become ordinary, run-of-the-mill products. Some graduate into leadership and areas of responsibility, but a few achieve greatness, and even a touch of immortality." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

how to enter a new cigar size in data base?

Started by mchammer, 07/27/2018 12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchammer

Hello

I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to enter a new cigar size to an existing line. I purchased an Ave Maria Argentum Gordo Extra (7"x 58). I don't see it under Ave Maria section so I would like to add it.

Thanks

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Kid Montana

When selecting the size, if none of the shape drop down descriptions suit the cigar, "parejo" is a safe generic pick for any flat sided cigar with a rounded cap.

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

It also helps greatly if you do a little research for a web link that describes the blend add the link to the comment/note box if possible. If an entry isn't fully filled out I'll just delete it. You'll need more than the name and the size.

Also, if the cigar has multiple vitolas you need to add the vitola to the end of the name. This will prevent having 5 cigars exactly the same but different measurements and makes them easier to identify when searching through the database.  Like this:
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Piramide
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Robusto
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Robusto Extra
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Seleccion No.5
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Sublime
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Quoteninfiction - 7/27/2018  2:47 PM

It also helps greatly if you do a little research for a web link that describes the blend add the link to the comment/note box if possible. If an entry isn't fully filled out I'll just delete it. You'll need more than the name and the size.

Also, if the cigar has multiple vitolas you need to add the vitola to the end of the name. This will prevent having 5 cigars exactly the same but different measurements and makes them easier to identify when searching through the database.  Like this:
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Piramide
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Robusto
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Robusto Extra
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Seleccion No.5
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Sublime

Crackalackin the Admin Whip  :dukem:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

ninfiction really ought to write an article on how to properly take a photo/submit cigar db entries

I'd rather have a cigar...

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

mchammer

I submitted the cigar for approval but forgot to enter place of purchase, Cigar International. The cigar was Ave Maria Argentum and they label the size Gordo extra (7x58) I put long gordo for size. Hopefully this helps .

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.