Anybody heard of Ruiz Cigars?

Started by c9belayer, 07/31/2018 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c9belayer

I was in Virginia City Nevada a couple of days ago, doing the tourist thing with my wife. Outside a bar there was a small stand selling cigars. It turns out they were Ruiz Cigars, from a small family owned cigar lounge in Sparks Nevada.  From their website at https://ruizcigars.com/

-----

Ruiz Cigars is a small privately owned cigar store, lounge and factory.  At our Sparks Nevada location our cigars are blended and hand crafted by master torcedor (cigar roller) Marvin Ruiz.  Marvin moved to Nevada in 2005 and studied various cigar shops before deciding to start something unique.  He created a boutique factory where cigars are hand crafted using experience gained through family tradition (grandmother, father) and his own years spent working at well known factories in Esteli Nicaragua.  At our shop we use the finest available tobaccos from Nicaragua (Esteli, Jalapa and Condega) also varieties from Dominican Republic, Honduras and our newest maduro wrapper from San Andreas. Our cigars are all created by hand and individually quality controlled. Custom blends or sizes can be created. We also offer Cigar rolling for special events.  Add an elegant touch to your wedding, corporate party or golf tournament!

-----

Has anyone heard of these? I like to support boutique cigars, so this was right up my alley. I bought 3 of them. They need to rest in my humidor for a couple weeks, so I thought I'd check if anyone else has tried these?

-- c9belayer

Chefjohn

Ive never heard of them but looking at their site they look like a nice stick.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

c9belayer

nTanner: I gotta let them rest!  The seller was selling these out of a glass display humidor that had seen better years; imagine this https://www.rakuten.com/shop/costway/product/HW56599/ after 10 years of street use, in the high desert, with summer humidity at 10-15% humidity. So they're getting a minimum of 3 weeks in my humidor to get all cozy.

I will let y'all know when I do smoke 'em though! 

-- c9belayer

junglepete

Looks like they are in our database.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ntanner

Where did you find them at Pete?
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

junglepete

Quotentanner - 8/2/2018  6:53 PM

Where did you find them at Pete?

I believe they are the ones listed under Esteli Ruiz. The sizes are the same.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

c9belayer

JunglePete, thanks for that tip; the vitolas do line up. I was momentarily confused when the only review of Ruiz' Cigars mentions finding them in New Orleans, and not Sparks/Reno Nevada. So I did some internet sleuthing, and on Ruiz Cigars' YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_O7WdRgW2w5tav_u-G08oA) they have a video specifically titled "Cigar Rolling by Esteli Ruiz Cigars." So there's the confirmation. I'll add my reviews when I smoke them.
-- c9belayer

c9belayer

Hey - since he's not using "Esteli Ruiz" any more, shouldn't the cigar brand name be changed from "Esteli Ruiz" to "Ruiz Cigars" in the database??? Not sure what the guidelines are for this...
-- c9belayer

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.