CIGAR REVIEWS: Don't Post One if You Don't Have One

Started by Brlesq, 07/31/2018 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

I know that folks are anxious to get into the monthly points contest by racking up points before month end, but filling the our review  database with nonsense just to meet the minimum word count is highly frowned upon. :nono:

For example, there are 2 reviews right now that read:

"unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon."

Somebody please delete these.  Let's keep this place honorable and legitimate, folks!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kid Montana

Hear hear.  Members posting reviews like that should be prohibited from posting reviews or entries to the DB.

I'd rather have a cigar...

benchjockey

Yeah that was bad form, glad they were removed.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Brlesq

Quotebenchjockey - 7/31/2018  8:07 PM

Yeah that was bad form, glad they were removed.

These have not been removed yet...

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

CAO Flavours Moontrance Cigarillos   3 Star Rating   Kyle Stogez   7/30/2018 4:19 PM
unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.unbelieveable. will post rating and taste notes soon.   :shamebag:  :shamebag:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

Oops missed that. Hope their removal is the next step.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Chefjohn

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Cap10_Morgan

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

ninfiction

Hmm Today I learned I have an additional super power...problem fixed.

The rest of you fckrs better watch out!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Quoteninfiction - 7/31/2018  9:12 PM

Hmm Today I learned I have an additional super power...problem fixed.

The rest of you fckrs better watch out!

Finally, earning your keep!!  :moon:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Mautrak

Bruce, I'm all for what you said about the reviews.  Those are ridiculous.

But as far as this site being 'honorable and legitimate?'   What site you talkin' 'bout, Willis?  

:shades:

QuoteBrlesq - 7/31/2018  8:54 PM

Let's keep this place honorable and legitimate, folks!

WatchmanUSA

I messed up today posting a review trying to edit it. It got posted 3 times.
"Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Whatever it is will come back; so what, smoke another one."  Raul Julia

Brlesq

QuoteWatchmanUSA - 7/31/2018  9:54 PM

I messed up today posting a review trying to edit it. It got posted 3 times.

No it didn't. You're good.   And nice review!

:bigthumbs:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

klamm143

Quoteninfiction - 7/31/2018  9:12 PM  Hmm Today I learned I have an additional super power...problem fixed.  The rest of you fckrs better watch out!

Better watch out for this guy------not only does he have the magic button but he can leap tall buildings and stop locomotives and stuff..... :lmao:  

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Silverstix

Cigary

Reading Cigar Reviews is better than reading Playboy  ( shocking ) and well written ones are like poetry to me where it gives me the good/bad/indifferent POV but I love information as to what they thought.  I don't look for ALL positive reviews because it tends to be slanted as if they are from the Manufacturer themselves promoting their product.  I want the incremental pieces of info that might not be heretofore included in regular reviews....give me info like how long they were in their humidor....what RH they were stored at....what did you drink with it....how many times was this cigar smoked by you and at what time frame...ROTT....1 month...3....6.  Information tends to be watered down at times where some will just say they didn't like it....well, why did you arrive at that POV?  I actually enjoy negative reviews as long as they have real information as to why they sucked and the good authors are able to weave a great story line that is more entertaining. JMHO

tvolball

Wow Bruce, I can't believe you didn't like my review. That one was sent into Cigar Snob to be published in the next issue.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Chefjohn

I enjoy reading the reviews, both the favorable and unfavorable. As a newbie to reviewing cigars I learn a lot by reading them. I learn what to look for and what I want to see in a smoke as well as what I don't. I've posted a few very basic reviews and I feel that posting a review as well is a great learning tool. I hope for many more quality  ones to come.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Deener27

QuoteCigary - 8/2/2018  12:22 PM

Reading Cigar Reviews is better than reading Playboy  ( shocking ) and well written ones are like poetry to me where it gives me the good/bad/indifferent POV but I love information as to what they thought.  I don't look for ALL positive reviews because it tends to be slanted as if they are from the Manufacturer themselves promoting their product.  I want the incremental pieces of info that might not be heretofore included in regular reviews....give me info like how long they were in their humidor....what RH they were stored at....what did you drink with it....how many times was this cigar smoked by you and at what time frame...ROTT....1 month...3....6.  Information tends to be watered down at times where some will just say they didn't like it....well, why did you arrive at that POV?  I actually enjoy negative reviews as long as they have real information as to why they sucked and the good authors are able to weave a great story line that is more entertaining. JMHO

Again...we need to remember this.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.