Do You Spit?

Started by junglepete, 08/03/2018 11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Anyone spit while they're smoking? I do once in a while if smoking alone. I always wondered if you take in less nicotine if you spit?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Kid Montana

Rarely, almost never.  Its distasteful, but more importantly I'm usually drinking booze when I smoke a cigar.

I'd rather have a cigar...

benchjockey

Sometimes. I'd rather spit then swallow the saliva.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Chefjohn

QuoteKid Montana - 8/4/2018  12:32 AM

Rarely, almost never.  Its distasteful, but more importantly I'm usually drinking booze when I smoke a cigar.

Ditto here, especially on the booze.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ntanner

Quotebenchjockey - 8/4/2018  4:40 AM

I have heard this before but it was concerning a different subject. :lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Chefjohn

Quotentanner - 8/4/2018  9:40 AM

Quotebenchjockey - 8/4/2018  4:40 AM

:lmao:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Koop

QuoteKid Montana - 8/4/2018  12:32 AM

This. :beer:

kurtb718

Quotejunglepete - 8/3/2018  10:27 PM

Anyone spit while they're smoking? I do once in a while if smoking alone. I always wondered if you take in less nicotine if you spit?

Always now that you bring it up

Cigary

Booze is a good distraction when the tobacco taste gets too intense esp. when tar develops and that taste is no bueno. Not very often will I feel the need to spit unless I keep a cigar in my mouth too long while I am out riding my motorcycle and then that river of saliva starts flowing and some poor soul driving behind me gets a mouthful of juice that has to be disgusting at best and windshield washer fluid is hardly a match for it.

appollo

I'm in the booze category.
 :-)

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

c9belayer

OMG You guys are too funny!
I too spit when smoking a cigar, even if I'm enjoying a beverage as I do so. For me, it's because the secondhand smoke I inhale produces some phlegm from my lungs and that stuff really wants to come up. I smoke on the back patio, and there's plenty of plants that appreciate the extra moisture, so it's not a problem. However, when I get my own dream-cigar-lounge indoors, I may have to get a spittoon!
-- c9belayer

toby2

klamm143

Quotentanner - 8/4/2018  9:40 AM  
Quotebenchjockey - 8/4/2018  4:40 AM  Sometimes. I'd rather spit then swallow the saliva.

LM  :lmao:  AO 

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Murphy223

Quotejunglepete - 8/4/2018  12:27 AM

When I first started back into smoking cigars, I felt the urge to spit often.  I've come to learn that the nicotine, and heat in a cigar's smoke causes you salivary glands to produce more spit so a friend told me always have a drink on hand.  It can be as simple as water but most people find something sweet like a Coke works best.   For me, I try to pair with a good bourbon :-)

Cfickter

Nope, don't spit
Not sure why you would
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Koop

QuoteMurphy223 - 8/5/2018  12:49 PM

Quotejunglepete - 8/4/2018  12:27 AM

When I first started back into smoking cigars, I felt the urge to spit often.  I've come to learn that the nicotine, and heat in a cigar's smoke causes you salivary glands to produce more spit so a friend told me always have a drink on hand.  It can be as simple as water but most people find something sweet like a Coke works best.   For me, I try to pair with a good bourbon :-)

Yep - bourbon or Scotch.

Beegerply

Nope I don't, but I always have some water. I'm not much of an adult beverage guy any more not saying I won't have a nice scotch on occasion lol. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.