"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Need A V Cutter Recommendation

Started by Chefjohn, 08/12/2018 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

What is your determine factor as to when to use a V cutter over a guillotine or punch and can you recommend a good V cutter. I like the looks of both Colibrí and Xikar.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Cfickter

Why the Xikar XV of course can even find them on C-Bid
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chefjohn

QuoteCfickter - 8/12/2018  4:40 PM

Why the Xikar XV of course can even find them on C-Bid

Thanks Chuck. I am pretty decided on Xikar.

05Venturer

QuoteChefjohn - 8/12/2018  2:05 PM

What is your determine factor as to when to use a V cutter over a guillotine or punch and can you recommend a good V cutter. I like the looks of both Colibrí and Xikar.
For curiosity reasons. Why do you want to use a V-Cut over a straight cut?
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Chefjohn

Quote05Venturer - 8/12/2018  5:07 PM

QuoteChefjohn - 8/12/2018  2:05 PM

For curiosity reasons. Why do you want to use a V-Cut over a straight cut?

Really just to have a choice Kent. I thought that with some of the 5'ers I bought I might try a V cut on one or two of the sticks to see the difference.

ebernabe

I have a Xikar.  real happy with it. still working after 5 years.

MusicCity

Mautrak

My Xicar v-cutter was my go-to for years, but lately I've turned to the regular guillotine cutter.   For some time I'd use the v-cutter, and if the draw wasn't quite right, or if there was tar build up or other issues, I'd use the guillotine cutter and keep on going.

05Venturer

QuoteMautrak - 8/12/2018  8:52 PM

My Xicar v-cutter was my go-to for years, but lately I've turned to the regular guillotine cutter.   For some time I'd use the v-cutter, and if the draw wasn't quite right, or if there was tar build up or other issues, I'd use the guillotine cutter and keep on going.

^^^  I tried several V and Punches but always go back to by Xikar guilltoines, the small cut I get with a V or punch both seem to concentrate the tars into the smaller area. My cigars always seem to smoke better with a straight cut. JMO
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cigary

PETE314

I like the v cut on belicosos and torpedoes etc...You cannot go wrong with the Xikar...let me repeat that....you cannot go wrong with the Xikar...I personally have a Colibri...The Colibri V Cut is a great cutter.  I bought it over the Xikar for 2 reasons...Price.....and I really liked the deeper cut...I usually stick with a straight cut with most other shapes...But I am very happy with my Colibri
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Chefjohn

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

WatchmanUSA

"Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Whatever it is will come back; so what, smoke another one."  Raul Julia

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.