Search by Wrapper??

Started by Silverstix, 08/30/2018 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

No, I'm not talking color by number or paint by number.....but Search By Wrapper.  Do any of you esteemed gentlemen, or the rest of you guys, know if there is a website out there that allows you to search for cigars by wrapper type?  By far, I think my favorite wrapper has to be a Sumatra wrapper and I'd love to see a list of some cigars that have it.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Brlesq

Unfortunately, a search for Sumatra wrappers only divulges 3,578 choices. You'll be limited!!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Kid Montana

I'd love to see the DB accommodate the actual wrapper or leaf varietal rather than just country of origin.  Where's the Nicaraguan Jalapa or Ometepe?  Where's the listing for Mexican San Andres?    Brazilian Bahia?  Dominican Olor?  Habano can be grown in any central american country.  Even the common but controversial "fire cured" variety is missing.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Brlesq

QuoteKid Montana - 8/30/2018  6:33 PM

I'd love to see the DB accommodate the actual wrapper or leaf varietal rather than just country of origin.  Where's the Nicaraguan Jalapa or Ometepe?  Where's the listing for Mexican San Andres?    Brazilian Bahia?  Dominican Olor?  Habano can be grown in any central american country.  Even the common but controversial "fire cured" variety is missing.

I agree completely, but when the DB was set up in 2007 those varietals were not as important to most consumers, and subsequently not disclosed by most manufacturers.  As this hobby has become much more sophisticated in a day and age of instantaneous information on everything/everyone at your fingertips, wrapper discussion has become more refined.  I'm sure it would be easy to add some more choices to the drop down menus, but the 49,000+ cigars in the DB already would need to be re-examined, and that would be a gargantuan task. :-(

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Kid Montana

QuoteBrlesq - 8/30/2018  3:47 PM
...and that would be a gargantuan task. :-(

Well, thats the nature of a crowd sourced resource.  It would take a while, but there would be quite a few folks working at it, grinding at it over the years, to get those sweet internet points and a chance for a $20 gift card every month.  Honestly, even if the extra details were only included for every cigar submitted here on out, it would be a huge improvement.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Silverstix

QuoteBrlesq - 8/30/2018  6:12 PM  I know a great site!!  Its called Cigar Geeks. :biggrin:   http://cigargeeks.com/cigardb/default.asp?action=advsearch  

Say whaaaaa??? I had no idea that level of searching was even a feature here. Thank you very much Bruce. Looks like me gots some smokin to do

Cigary

Most manufacturing sites let you  do advanced searches....examples are Famous... Atlantic...JRs...nice feature for those of us who have specific tastes. For a specific leaf like the Medio Tiempo... I still have to Google.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.