You Can Help With Spam

Started by junglepete, 09/06/2018 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Until Paul decides how he wants to, or if he wants to deal with the spamming issues here, here is how you can help. As an administrator I can delete the spam post and the thread will dissapear off of the home page and back into the history where it belongs. However, if you reply to the spam post, then even if I delete the post, the old thread will remain on the homepage. You can help by please refraining to respond to a spammer's post.

Thanks, P
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Chefjohn

Thanks for passing that along Pete.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Murphy223

Good Advice --- or is this spam and I just created an issue by responding? :-)

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

junglepete

Oh, and of course the more new threads you post (worthy cigar or cigar related posts) the quicker the old threads will be bumped off the home page.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

SenorPablo

Thanks guys.  I just need to get the new site up and it has much better spam control.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/6/2018  8:18 PM

Thanks guys.  I just need to get the new site up and it has much better spam control.

-Paul
So something is in the works??? :confused:  :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

SenorPablo

Quote05Venturer - 9/6/2018  10:08 PM

-Paul

It has been in the works for a couple years but then life got in the way.  Starting to right myself again, so will pick it back up again.   95% done, minus the phone app integration, but with Apple killing i'm not sure how big a deal it is, except for Android app users.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Camshaft83

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/6/2018  8:22 PM

Quote05Venturer - 9/6/2018  10:08 PM

-Paul

It has been in the works for a couple years but then life got in the way.  Starting to right myself again, so will pick it back up again.   95% done, minus the phone app integration, but with Apple killing i'm not sure how big a deal it is, except for Android app users.

Please don't drop the Android APP functionality. I use it all the time. Would even buy a new version if that's what it takes for it to stay working.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Cigary

Would a Report Icon help? I see them on a lot of sites that helps alert spam issues...just a thought.

***** I see this morning once again another Spammer unloads his wares....this is getting out of hand and needs some more oversight with Mods getting to these spammers and sweeping them out otherwise the word gets out that this site is an invitation to come in and drop their cans of spam.

CarlosoftHUN

Pete... do we have any other admin from other timezones than US?

or does not really need as latest in a day the spam posts will be deleted anyway... :-D
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

QuoteCigary - 9/8/2018  2:16 PM

Would a Report Icon help? I see them on a lot of sites that helps alert spam issues...just a thought.

***** I see this morning once again another Spammer unloads his wares....this is getting out of hand and needs some more oversight with Mods getting to these spammers and sweeping them out otherwise the word gets out that this site is an invitation to come in and drop their cans of spam.

Seems the word is already out.   :angry:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

junglepete

QuoteCarlosoftHUN - 9/10/2018  5:24 AM

Pete... do we have any other admin from other timezones than US?

or does not really need as latest in a day the spam posts will be deleted anyway... :-D

None that are active. But Paul, (SenorPablo site owner) says it will be resolved soon and he is working on the problem.
Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Now how am I supposed to get my post count up?

toby2

Kid Montana

Indeed, no comment on the Nike spam so admins can delete it cleanly.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Cigary

These spammers are on a real tear...so aggravating and this forum is targeted for sure.

junglepete

The last few days we've been hit each day, but with only 5 or 6 tags so Ive been able to delete them well enough and quick enough. Thanks to everyone for not responding to any of it.
Guru of Frugality

Chefjohn

Quoteshakinghorizons - 9/10/2018  3:17 PM

Now how am I supposed to get my post count up?

:lmao:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

DRuff

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

PETE314

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.