Accidental death in my humidor

Started by CarlosoftHUN, 09/11/2018 04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlosoftHUN

There was a small accident in my humidor yesterday, which resulted in a death of 3 Jose L. Piedra Cremas.

The thing was that yesterday morning I took one cigar from the humidor and left the humidor in the middle of my home office table. Usually, my wife leaves it there but now she was put back to the shelf. But inside the little humidification box - which was at the top of the cigars, at the top of the boveda pack - was moved, and started to leak... so the propylene glycol went off to those cigars... :-S

Of course, I put the humi box also to the trash as it was leaking somehow, so can't stay ( one mistake and go ..lol)... I know you think why I had boveda and akryl polimer humi box, but I use both because the boveda then dries out slower.

Now I will move to boveda only for a while until I buy these cigar size thin humi boxes.....
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

CarlosoftHUN

QuoteBeegerply - 9/11/2018  2:13 PM

:cry:  :cry: sad day for you.

yeah.... but still 86 to smoke, so in the other hand lucky that not the more expensive ones committed suicide :-D
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

ninfiction

That's always been a fear of mine with those humi squares. I don't use them, I just use extra Boveda that way they last longer.

Sorry for your loss...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Chefjohn

Quoteninfiction - 9/11/2018  10:23 AM

That's always been a fear of mine with those humi squares. I don't use them, I just use extra Boveda that way they last longer.

Sorry for your loss...

I do the same. You can't over humidify with Boveda so I use a few more than is called for and it works like a charm.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

headfirst

QuoteChefjohn - 9/11/2018  10:49 AM

Quoteninfiction - 9/11/2018  10:23 AM

Sorry for your loss...

I do the same. You can't over humidify with Boveda so I use a few more than is called for and it works like a charm.

This is what I do as well...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cigary

I will smoke a JLP tonight in their honor.....sad day to see any cigar gone before their time.....oh JLP Crema...we hardly knew ye!

CarlosoftHUN

Cigars - What else?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.