Warped Moon Garden

Started by Silverstix, 09/13/2018 07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

Has anyone tried them yet? Can't find them anywhere and before I go completely psycho trying to find one, wanted to see if it was even worth it?

CarlosoftHUN

I have found one reference to it in JRcigars, but it says it is launched/launching in 2018..... so isn't that possible, that is not yet available in shops?
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Brlesq

It was a very good cigar reminiscent of the Flor De Valle Sky Flower, but not worth the $15 or more price tag IMHO.  Priced at $9-10 and I would be a buyer.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

AtLANTIC CIGAR Has them in stock.

benchjockey

Atlantic is out of them.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

Quotebenchjockey - 9/13/2018  12:42 PM

Atlantic is out of them.
Opps,they had them yesterday.Never checked today.

DRuff

QuoteChefjohn - 9/13/2018  9:39 AM  I’ve never heard of them.

That's not what he asked.

sar127

QuoteChefjohn - 9/13/2018  11:39 AM  I’ve never heard of them.

Check out Halfwheel.com, good daily reading to keep you up to date on the industry!

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Deener27

QuoteSilverstix - 9/13/2018  7:50 AM

Has anyone tried them yet? Can't find them anywhere and before I go completely psycho trying to find one, wanted to see if it was even worth it?

As I am becoming a big fan of the Warped stuff I have tried just about every one of their cigars and liked just about everything.  Not to sound like a huge fanboy, but it just fits my taste for sure.

Kyle put up a retailer list here: https://www.warpedcigars.com/blogs/news/moon-garden-retailers

If you are going to try something a bid difficult to find, try the Gran Reserva 1988.  It is very good and will likely get better with some age.  Also, if you seem to like the stuff from Warped, you might want to give some of the Casa Fernandez stuff a look too.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Silverstix

Thanks gents.  There were only 650 boxes released, it seems like the second they hit the online markets they were gobbled up

Silverstix

QuoteDeener27 - 9/14/2018  6:49 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 9/13/2018  7:50 AM  Has anyone tried them yet? Can't find them anywhere and before I go completely psycho trying to find one, wanted to see if it was even worth it?

As I am becoming a big fan of the Warped stuff I have tried just about every one of their cigars and liked just about everything.  Not to sound like a huge fanboy, but it just fits my taste for sure.  Kyle put up a retailer list here: https://www.warpedcigars.com/blogs/news/moon-garden-retailers  If you are going to try something a bid difficult to find, try the Gran Reserva 1988.  It is very good and will likely get better with some age.  Also, if you seem to like the stuff from Warped, you might want to give some of the Casa Fernandez stuff a look too.

I bought a lot of cigars over the last couple of years to find what I liked and didn't like.  Warped is definitely one of the brands that I will be keeping in my regular rotation, for the taste and also the reliability of the construction.  I will definitely try one of the GR88's, they seem to have good reviews early on and that is a vitola I like.

Was always curious about the Casa Fernandez stuff, they are absolutely on my list to try.  They don't seem to get too much airplay or have a ton of buzz.  I always thought that they *should* be good smokes based on who makes them and the tobacco they use. With your recommendation I will certainly make it a point to try them.  Anything in particular that you really like from them?

DRuff

Keep bumping that post count !

Brlesq

QuoteDRuff - 9/14/2018  9:21 AM

You nailed it!  :bump:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

QuoteDRuff - 9/14/2018  8:21 AM

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=46844.0

:lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Chefjohn

Gentleman, I apologize if my 2 posts gave the impression I was spamming. That was not my intent at all. I have removed both posts.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

05Venturer

QuoteChefjohn - 9/14/2018  9:37 AM

Gentleman, I apologize if my 2 posts gave the impression I was spamming. That was not my intent at all. I have removed both posts.

I don't think that "spamming" was what anyone thought Chef
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Chefjohn

Quote05Venturer - 9/14/2018  10:59 AM

QuoteChefjohn - 9/14/2018  9:37 AM

I don't think that "spamming" was what anyone thought Chef

Well if the impression was that I'm just trying to bump up my post count I really don't care about or even keep track of it. Tom (Silverstix) had just mentioned a cigar that I had not heard of and I was curious about it. I'm just voracious knowledge hound wanting to learn.  I should have been clearer. Thanks Kent.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

kurtb718

QuoteDRuff - 9/14/2018  8:21 AM

Who's a post whore?? LMAO  J/K

Deener27

QuoteSilverstix - 9/14/2018  7:06 AM

QuoteDeener27 - 9/14/2018  6:49 AM  
QuoteSilverstix - 9/13/2018  7:50 AM  Has anyone tried them yet? Can't find them anywhere and before I go completely psycho trying to find one, wanted to see if it was even worth it?

As I am becoming a big fan of the Warped stuff I have tried just about every one of their cigars and liked just about everything.  Not to sound like a huge fanboy, but it just fits my taste for sure.  Kyle put up a retailer list here: https://www.warpedcigars.com/blogs/news/moon-garden-retailers  If you are going to try something a bid difficult to find, try the Gran Reserva 1988.  It is very good and will likely get better with some age.  Also, if you seem to like the stuff from Warped, you might want to give some of the Casa Fernandez stuff a look too.

I bought a lot of cigars over the last couple of years to find what I liked and didn't like.  Warped is definitely one of the brands that I will be keeping in my regular rotation, for the taste and also the reliability of the construction.  I will definitely try one of the GR88's, they seem to have good reviews early on and that is a vitola I like.

Was always curious about the Casa Fernandez stuff, they are absolutely on my list to try.  They don't seem to get too much airplay or have a ton of buzz.  I always thought that they *should* be good smokes based on who makes them and the tobacco they use. With your recommendation I will certainly make it a point to try them.  Anything in particular that you really like from them?

I have always said that the best part of the hobby was to try a bunch of different stuff to see what and what does not suit your tastes.

As for the Casa Fernandez stuff, I am a fan of the construction and quality for sure, but beyond that they have some medium cigars that mirror the Warped lines (the flavor profile is very similar).  They also have some much more full bodied cigars that I liken to some great RoMa Craft stuff and some LFD's as well.  The TABSA factory where all of the Casa stuff is made also rolls for Illusione, Vieja, HVC and Foundation cigars.  With that being said, you know the quality is there.  I am a fan of the Aganorsa stuff since it closely follows the blend notes of the GOTF line which is a Warped/Casa colab.  I do avoid anything with a connie wrapper.  For me it is all about flavor and these certainly have what I am looking for.

Like I have said before, the GR88 is almost like a Warped La Hacienda made it with a RoMa Craft Neanderthal and had a big baby.  I have let them rest for a few weeks since I have had my first and will post a review this time around.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

QuoteChefjohn - 9/14/2018  11:37 AM

Post away brother...that's why its a forum...don't be deterred to participate however you wish...we are all geeks here!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Silverstix

QuoteBrlesq - 9/17/2018  7:10 PM  These have been scarce.  Corona Cigar just posted a sampler of 6 Warped cigars, including the Moon Garden.  Nice sampler.

Thanks Bruce, I actually was able to pick up the last 2 singles from my local B&M last night.  $17.50 apiece, what can ya do?  :smoker2:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.