A Hungarian Immigrant

Started by junglepete, 09/13/2018 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

It was 1895 when Hungarian émigré Julius C. Newman founded a cigar company in his family's barn in Cleveland. Today his grandsons Eric and Bobby run what he began, making J.C. Newman one of the oldest cigar companies around. The family business moved long ago from Cleveland to Tampa, Florida, and J.C. Newman still makes its own machine-made cigars, but its handmade cigar brands are now all made offshore. The Diamond Crown Julius Caeser brand is made for the Newmans by their longtime partners the Fuentes, and the cigar brand is named after the founder of the company, a strong-willed man who took the middle name Caeser when he came to America because he was told he needed a middle name.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ninfiction

I knew Fuente made diamond Crown and I knew they didn't necessarily own Diamond Crown, not really sure why I never made the connection with JC Newman though...

On a side note the Diamond Crown Maximus #4 is a spectacular cigar. Every couple months I try to smoke one and it never disappoints. This also reminds me that I'm out of them...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

junglepete

I have the DC Maximus #6 Double Robusto in my line up and am ready to smoke it soon. Hope it's better than the Julius Caeser.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Kid Montana

My local B&M has some very old, very crusty Diamond Crown Maximus Double Coronas... at $24 each, they haven't moved but the one I did smoke was sublime.  I should probably stop in and smoke another one some time.  They are at least 8 years old.    Interesting post junglepete!

I'd rather have a cigar...

jagfandaddy

Always love the education I get from this site!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Chefjohn

Quotejagfandaddy - 9/13/2018  6:18 PM

Me too. The folks here are great and very knowledgeable and passionate. I have learned so much since joining.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Murphy223

Quotejagfandaddy - 9/13/2018  6:18 PM  Always love the education I get from this site!

Thanks for the History Lesson - good stuff

Kid Montana

QuoteChefjohn - 9/13/2018  4:08 PM

Quotejagfandaddy - 9/13/2018  6:18 PM

Me too. The folks here are great and very knowledgeable and passionate. I have learned so much since joining.

#geeklife

I'd rather have a cigar...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.