Good Morning! Thanks For Having Me.

Started by Brlesq, 05/05/2010 06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

I stumbled across your exceptional cigar community yesterday while searching for some cigar info, and was impressed immediately.    I live in Upstate NY.  My father-in-law got me hooked on cigars about 20 years ago, so I am blessed to have a wife that actually ASKS me to light up because she enjoys the smell.  (Reminds her of her father).  Of course, he was a drugstore-buying White Owls and Phillies smoker, and over the years my tastes have refined (and lightened my wallet proportionately!)  I currently maintain 7 humidors and have kept a cigar journal for about 8 years (so I don't forget which ones I really like or dislike).  My taste tends to be for the bigger rings and fuller-in-body.  Hondurans tend to be my "go-to" cigars.

Anyway, that's my story.  I am looking forward to being part of the group.  Thanks for having me.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

dwig

Welcome to the site Bruce.  Sounds like you will fit in fine around here, :biggrin:

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

southernpacifico

Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

DennisA

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Beegerply

Glad to have you Bruce, hope you injoy the site.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

mountedshriner

Welcome home Bruce!! This is the place for you. :dancing:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

DocJazzRH

:welcome: Aboard Bruce, HOLD ON, this will be am "A" ticket ride...
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

nwb

Chief of Shaft

junglepete

Welcome...you have landed in the right spot to add even more humidors to your collection, and undoubtedly lighten your wallet to the point of it floating. Looking forward to your participation and input.

Cheers, Pete
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Dave S.

:welcome:  from Northern California.  You'll like it here.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

NES Tek

Welcome Bruce! Glad to have you aboard!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Jackal

Welcome Bruce.  I am sure that you will find this place a wealth of info and meet some great people here.

:welcome:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

87North

Welcome from Texas.  Good to have you... :-)
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mcdimond

QuoteBRLESQ - 5/5/2010  4:57 AM
 I currently maintain 7 humidors and have kept a cigar journal for about 8 years (so I don't forget which ones I really like or dislike).  

It's about time you got here  :biggrin:  Welcome to CG!
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

Are Kent's resurrections prompted by herf conversations, or are they just willy nilly? In any case, it's fun to read the old fogie's intro threads!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

biggsy16

A little late but welcome Bruce, great job Kent
Never done being a Dad

appollo

Brlesq

Wow, look at all those old member's names! All great guys there  . . . not many of them still around.

BTW, now 7 years later and my taste tends to be for the smaller ring gauges  but still medium to full body. CT Broadleafs tend to be my "go-to" cigars.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

i remember those guys.... there haven't been any good drunk posts in bit.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.