RIP Herfin' Chef

Started by Brlesq, 10/05/2018 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

Another member just informed me that Wayne Foran (Herfin' Chef) died earlier this week.  Wayne, Billy82, CrazyK, Smurf and I went to few CigarFests together in past years and had some great times. He hasn't been on CG since 2014, but the old timers here will all remember him as a funny guy and huge fan of AJ Fernandez.  In fact, he had half a dozen or more tattoos of AJ's cigars, and even a portrait of AJ on his right arm.  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=128;u=8951

Rest in peace, old friend!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Adwinistrator

Sorry to hear you all lost a good friend.  RIP

benchjockey

Very sad news. We've lost a member of the Geek family. RIP.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Beegerply

May he rest in peace with God. always sad to lose a member he did have some great tats. :-(
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

quickme

RIP.   condolences to all his friends and family.

Cigary

I remember the ID and sorry to hear about this Member passing away.  A reminder for the rest of us to live your life as best you can and hug those who are near and dear to you.....we only get to do this once.

Murphy223

Sorry to hear about your loss - seemed like a cool dude

Cfickter

Sorry to hear. RIP brother
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

Prayers n healing light...happy continuation my brother... :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

junglepete

Oh my, that is sad. I remember him. RIP
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

I just read about Wayne's passing on FB.  He was a great guy in my book.  The last time I talked to him was about year ago via FB.  Rest in Peace, Chef, and my prayers for your wife and daughter through this time.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

PETE314

Awwww Man.....Definitely not what I wanted to here today...So sorry to hear this...Wayne was a really good BOTL...Gonna miss him...Rest Easy Brother.
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

CarlosoftHUN

Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

mountedshriner

RIP Wayne, Godspeed.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Camshaft83

RIP BOTL. Prayers to your loved ones.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

McBryde

That is sad news to hear Bruce! He was a cool guy!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

sjn1117

Wayne was one of the mainstays when I joined here, really cool guy. RIP brother
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Brlesq

Since we're digging up old RIPs on the front page . . . remembering Wayne!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

McBryde

He was always a good guy when I would talk to him on here. I thought I really liked AJF stuff until I met him!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

klamm143

I didn't know him - "as I was just starting my CG journey" about the time he passed, but folks on here said nothing but good things about him - RIP - and may he now enjoy all the AJF's he desires!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.