November Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 10/05/2018 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by appollo (Stephen)

The Cigar: L'Atelier Surrogates Crystal Baller (5.7 x 56)

The Specs:

Country Manufactured: NICARAGUA
Wrapper: EQUADORIAN HABANO
Filler: NICARAGUAN
Binder: NICARAGUAN

The Hype:

Pete Johnson & crew were at it again.

Introducing the next project from L'Atelier cigars, Surrogates. Blended by Pete Johnson, and crafted in Don Pepin's My Father factory in Nicaragua, each Surrogate was masterfully created to serve up four unique and completely different experiences. This time around, their goal was simple. To create a new series of cigars, limited-edition in nature, that would be readily available to the consumer without breaking the bank. A winning combination if you ask me. Here's the bottom line: Surrogates deliver the goods as promised.

Each blend is easily distinguished by its....errr....'one of a kind' names and bands. I don't know where they came up with these, but they sure make for a good conversation.

Crystal Baller – Medium to full-bodied. Notes of natural sweetness, spice, cocoa, cedar, and a toasty finish. Featuring: Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, Nicaraguan long-fillers, and box-pressed finish.

Due Date: October 25th., 2018

The Reviewers:

1. quickme (Niki)
2. CrazyK (Karl)
3. pferg (Patrick)
4. Vanilla Gorilla (Greg)
5. biggsy16 (Rich)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Stephen for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin' :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Adwinistrator

What are the requirements before I'd be able to participate in a Geek Critique?

I am interested in doing one, as soon as I'm eligible.

junglepete

Ryan - this particular one the sponsor, Stephen, hand picked his reviewers. December is filled up too. However, soon we will be recruiting 12 new sponsors for next year, which you could sign up for if you like, and then every month there will be openings for reviewers. You just need to be active on the site and volunteer to review when you see the thread looking for reviewers.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Adwinistrator

Quotejunglepete - 10/5/2018  8:20 PM

Ryan - this particular one the sponsor, Stephen, hand picked his reviewers. December is filled up too. However, soon we will be recruiting 12 new sponsors for next year, which you could sign up for if you like, and then every month there will be openings for reviewers. You just need to be active on the site and volunteer to review when you see the thread looking for reviewers.

Thank you for the information! Still learning the ins and outs of all the different activites here, so I appreciate the details.

Looking forward to participating in the future!

appollo

Just a little reminder to all the reviewers, its getting time to think about smoking your stick.

appollo

Just a reminder to everyone who is doing a review.Your days are getting down.

CrazyK

I noticed that I do not have the link to the Geek Critique form when I go into the All Geek Critiques - will it still let me post it if I go directly here? http://cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp?action=staffreviewform
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

appollo

QuoteCrazyK - 10/22/2018  5:17 PM

I noticed that I do not have the link to the Geek Critique form when I go into the All Geek Critiques - will it still let me post it if I go directly here? http://cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp?action=staffreviewform
I,m pretty sure it will Karl.

quickme

review posted.  Thank you Stephen for everything!

appollo

Thanks Nik for taking part.Hope you enjoyed the smoke.

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

CrazyK

Cigar has been smoked, review will be typed up and entered shortly. Thanks for having me Stephen!
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

CrazyK

Got my review in, just under the wire! Thanks for letting me in on this one Stephen!
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

appollo

Quotebiggsy16 - 10/24/2018  10:51 PM

Done,thanks
Thanks for taking part Rich,I hoped you enjoyed it.

appollo

QuoteCrazyK - 10/25/2018  5:33 PM

Got my review in, just under the wire! Thanks for letting me in on this one Stephen!
Thanks for taking part Karl,hoped you enjoyed it.

appollo

I have left feedback for everyone.Thanks to all the bothers for the reviews.I found them all a good read and I glad you all enjoyed the stick.It is a stick that I reall enjoy. :-)

Vanilla Gorilla

Thanks for having us be a part of this one Appollo! It was a great stick!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

quickme

really enjoy doing Geek reviews.  Makes me slow down quite a bit while I smoke.  Very therapeutic and what smoking should be all about.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.