Hi Everyone!

Started by Cox1211, 10/12/2018 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cox1211

I'm fairly new to cigar smoking. My brother in law cap10_morgan introduced me to it a few months ago. Since then I have become obsessed. He recommended this site as a way to get more exposure to it. I have been stalking the site for a few weeks now and finally thought I would chime in.
My favorite way to smoke a cigar is in the hot tub with a glass of scotch. I have tried many different cigars and haven't decided on a favorite yet. Romeo 1875 Churchill is kinda my go to at the moment though. Any information on a good cigar is appreciated. I do like strong ones as well. LFD is delicious!

Looking forward to joining the club!
Shannon

ntanner

Welcome to CG from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

benchjockey

Welcome aboard, Shannon.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Otter

Welcome to the group!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ninfiction

Welcome to the group. LFD is one of my favorites, I would suggest Crowned Heads and Illusione really can't go wrong with any from either of them.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Chefjohn

Welcome Shannon. This is a great site with a lot of good folks. Glad to have you with us.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Murphy223

amigodecigars

Welcome from tropical Costa Rica. My son is in the aviation biz near Orlando, glad that you guys were not hit by Hurricane Michael.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cfickter

Welcome to Geeks from Pittsburgh
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cox1211

Thanks for the welcome and the recommendation for Crowned Heads and Illusione.  I will be sure to check them out. Right now I am trying a Nub. It's ok but probably won't buy more. Also tried Oliva Maduro last night. Figured I would try the whole line. Tonight I will try a Punch. I bought a sampler so I need to try them all!  
Yes Jacksonville missed the hurricane but Mexico Beach was wiped out on the pan handle. Made the weather nice and cool at night and the morning though!

appollo

Welcome to the site from the GWN. :-)

CarlosoftHUN

Welcome to Geeks from Hungary
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Cap10_Morgan

Hey Shannon!  Glad you made it.  I learned a lot from these guys and I know you will too.  The best part about this site is you'll try new things you would have never tried without them and find your "favorite" keeps changing, lol.  For example: Brian may have suggested the perfect cigar for you now that I think about it.  I'll have to bring over an Illusione Rothchilde for the game this afternoon.  Go Jags!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

05Venturer

Welcome to the Club Shannon.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda,Texas! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

klamm143

Hello from North Carolina.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Beegerply

Hello from Moline Illinois , enjoy the site.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.