Govee Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer (updated link)

Started by bstessl, 10/14/2018 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bstessl

Hey everyone, I was sent a couple of Govee Bluetooth Hygrometer/Thermometer units to try out a little while back and I've been trying one out to see how they work and perform.  This is the first BT hygrometer that I've tried and I like it so far!  There is an app for iOS and Android.  The unit itself keeps a 20 day memory and you can export the data if you choose.  They are available on Amazon and I have a coupon code for 30% off if anyone wants to try them out!  The code is good through October 31st and its also on sale at the moment.    You can use this code 2EE2H830 for 30% off.  Here's a couple of screenshots and pics.  If anyone try's it out let me know what you think!  https://www.amazon.com/Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Wireless-Temperature/dp/B07DWMJKP5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539566375&sr=8-1&keywords=govee
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

shakinghorizons

How accurate was/is it? Any way of calibrating?

+/-3%? I'm not looking for extreme accuracy, but that seems like a very loose tolerance.

CI_EX

shakinghorizons

QuoteCI_EX - 10/14/2018  8:14 PM

what kind of battery for it

A single AAA

Silverstix

Silverstix

Not trying to hijack this thread......but is there a product out there that you can access without a Bluetooth? Yes it's nice to not have to open your humidor to know what it's doing, but it seems kind of a waste to me that I have to be within Bluetooth range for it to tell me what it's doing.    I also think it's kind of silly to be able to know what's going on and not be able to adjust the conditions remotely, like if I'm on vacation, what good is it to know that it's 85% humidity in there without the ability to do anything about it?  But it would still be cool to know what's going on, because....geeks

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 10/15/2018  6:41 AM

Not trying to hijack this thread......but is there a product out there that you can access without a Bluetooth? Yes it's nice to not have to open your humidor to know what it's doing, but it seems kind of a waste to me that I have to be within Bluetooth range for it to tell me what it's doing.    I also think it's kind of silly to be able to know what's going on and not be able to adjust the conditions remotely, like if I'm on vacation, what good is it to know that it's 85% humidity in there without the ability to do anything about it?  But it would still be cool to know what's going on, because....geeks

If my house/humidor ever reach 85% humidity, my entire house would have to be underwater, lmao.

Silverstix

Quoteshakinghorizons - 10/15/2018  2:24 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 10/15/2018  6:41 AM  Not trying to hijack this thread......but is there a product out there that you can access without a Bluetooth? Yes it's nice to not have to open your humidor to know what it's doing, but it seems kind of a waste to me that I have to be within Bluetooth range for it to tell me what it's doing.    I also think it's kind of silly to be able to know what's going on and not be able to adjust the conditions remotely, like if I'm on vacation, what good is it to know that it's 85% humidity in there without the ability to do anything about it?  But it would still be cool to know what's going on, because....geeks
If my house/humidor ever reach 85% humidity, my entire house would have to be underwater, lmao.

But you know what I'm saying, let's say you have an Oasis humidifier and it malfunctions. Or the compressor goes in your temperature controlled humidor, and the temp skyrockets into the 90's while you're out of the country on vacation.   

Chefjohn

QuoteSilverstix - 10/15/2018  2:28 PM

Quoteshakinghorizons - 10/15/2018  2:24 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 10/15/2018  6:41 AM  Not trying to hijack this thread......but is there a product out there that you can access without a Bluetooth? Yes it's nice to not have to open your humidor to know what it's doing, but it seems kind of a waste to me that I have to be within Bluetooth range for it to tell me what it's doing.    I also think it's kind of silly to be able to know what's going on and not be able to adjust the conditions remotely, like if I'm on vacation, what good is it to know that it's 85% humidity in there without the ability to do anything about it?  But it would still be cool to know what's going on, because....geeks

But you know what I'm saying, let's say you have an Oasis humidifier and it malfunctions. Or the compressor goes in your temperature controlled humidor, and the temp skyrockets into the 90's while you're out of the country on vacation.   

I agree Tom. For me just being made aware of a problem doesn't really help if it doesn't provide me a means of addressing it remotely.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

bstessl

Quoteshakinghorizons - 10/14/2018  8:26 PM  How accurate was/is it? Any way of calibrating?  +/-3%? I'm not looking for extreme accuracy, but that seems like a very loose tolerance.

The one I have been using is spot on.

Cfickter

thanks for this with the discount I ordered two to try
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

Right on, interested to hear your thoughts

Silverstix

Hey Brian hope I didn't come off like an A-hole, thank you for sharing the discount with us!

bstessl

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.