Question About RH Variance In Newair

Started by Chefjohn, 10/25/2018 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

I put Heartfelt Tubes in my Newair wineador. I have 4 65%, 2 on the bottom of the unit, 1 in the middle, and 1 near the top. I initially had sprayed them and was gettting high readings so I dried them out.  I have 3 calibrated hygrometers init and I'm getting reading of 64% on the bottom, 68% in the middle.and 70% on top. Is it normal/common to have those kind of variances in a wineador? Does it take some time for the Heartfelts to get the RH in the target range?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ntanner

Yes it is, best way to deal with it is a small computer fan or some other type of small fan that you can use to circulate the air.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ninfiction

I have a tower and have the opposite problem, higher on the bottom, lower on the top. It's bigger than your wineador so I have 2 fans on a timer both blowing up. Still doesn't even it out completely but makes a big difference. Mine will range from 62-70% depending on the time of year. I used to worry more about it but haven't ever had issues with how they smoke and have never had mold.

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Chefjohn

Does anyone have any experience with the Xikar HumiFan?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ninfiction

QuoteChefjohn - 10/26/2018  5:51 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Xikar HumiFan?

Mine are just generic computer fans that I wired to an old phone charger. Then I have them plugged into a timer. They run for about 15 minutes every hour.

I'm not sure how big or how expensive the Xikar fan is but you can get cheap computer fans for under $10...you will have to have a power source though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.