2018 Toys for Tots Donation Solicitation!!!

Started by McBryde, 10/29/2018 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

Hello Everyone!!!

I have taken over the 2018 Toys for Tots auction that we use to have. Longhorn has passed the torch, and I scooped it up to run with it! I am needing donations for the auction though. The donations can be anything from cigars, to t-shirts, lighters, cutters, ash trays, hats, cigar books,  clothing, swag, etc. etc. etc.. Everyone has a box of random unused cigar smoking stuff don't they? Put it to use for the kids! It however should probably be geared towards cigar smokers, as the auction will be held for cigar smokers here on the site. Some of the new people may not have been around for the previous ones, so you can search the forums for previous Toys for Tots auctions and see how it was run. The difference between some of the previous ones and this one, is that you will keep your donation, instead of mailing it to me, and then I will combine donations, and set up "kits" to be auctioned off. Once the auction has been completed, and paid for by the winner, I will let the donator know to ship out their package to the person that won the auction kit that contained their package. This is my first year running this, so I am sure that I will screw something up along the way! Please have a little patience with me, and I will try to with you as well. We will make this a great donation for Toys for Tots as we always do! What do you have to donate for the kids?

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ninfiction

Do you want us to post it here or pm you? If you're going to combine items maybe a pm or email with a pic would work best.

Also it would be good to have items for all price levels so we can get as many people participating as possible.

What's the time frame?
This is not the admin you're looking for...

McBryde

Hey Brian,

you can shoot me a PM, or an email at duckslayer1021@yahoo.com  Yes, I figured I'd have whoever donated, send me a pic of the items they were donating. I had planned on making some different levels of kits. That way everyone has a chance at one or 3, depending on how much they can spend. If someone doesn't win their package, or doesn't want to bid, they can also make a cash donation to TFT.

As far as time frame goes, I'd like to get these donations squared away in the next couple of weeks if possible.

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

Maybe this year maybe we can get a TFT Badge???? Just a thought.

E

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

McBryde

Come on guys! This is going to be an awefully boring auction this year if we don't get some donations!

E

Vroomp

I will offer up this humidor (slightly used) with 50 cigars inside.   I will also pay shipping*~!

Cigars I will add to the humidor. All well aged~!

5   Illusione Rothchilde                                               

5  Ashton Heritage Robusto                                             

5  Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Churchills                        

5  My Father La Reloba Seleccion Oscuro Coronas                 

5  Drew Estate Liga Privada #9 Toros                                  

5  Alec Bradley K-147 Short Run Robustos                            

5  Drew estate Bait Fish 4X44                                         

5  Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Machitos                         

5  Room 101 Daruma Papi Chulo                                     

5  Aurturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Extra Viejo #46                  

* Sorry Canucks continental US only~! Or you pay shipping and take responsibility for any import duties...... :lmao:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

McBryde

Thanks Brad! Shoot me a PM with a pic of the cigars and the humidor if you don't mind please sir when you get a chance.

E

SenorPablo

Hey Emerson.  I'd like to offer up a box of the world famous, extremely limited edition, one and only year release of the Cigar Geeks by Reinado Cigars. :biggrin:  A company not even in existence any more. :rolleyes:  Consider them well aged at over 3 years now and have been kept in perfect condition.  

These are a unique blend of a Nicaraguan Puro (Ligero and Viso filler) with a Habano Maduro binder and wrapper.  The box comes with 10 cigars in a 6x38 Panatella size.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

Give me a little time to see what I can dig up E.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

McBryde

Thanks Paul and Kent! Keep them coming gentlemen!

E

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Cfickter

Told E, I would pull together a Roma Craft package
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

Sent a message to E with my donation pack.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

McBryde

ninfiction

Sent an email with pics of my donations.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

I will definitely donate some items. Not sure what yet, but I'm in brother!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

McBryde

I got them Brian, and thanks Brian, looking forward to seeing what the donation will be!

E

McBryde

When I get home from this trip, I'll start compiling a list of everything that hs been donated, and start putting the kits together.

E

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

McBryde

Keep them coming ladies and gents, this is looking good so far!

E

Longhorn

Em, put me down for 20 cigars - you can use them as you need. I'll send you pix and a list via your cell.

:bigthumbs:

McBryde

QuoteLonghorn - 11/11/2018  8:34 PM

Em, put me down for 20 cigars - you can use them as you need. I'll send you pix and a list via your cell.

:bigthumbs:

Sounds good, thanks Brad!

E

Kman

I've got several items for the donation Em. I will take pics and send them to you this week.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.