2019 Geek Critique Sponsors

Started by junglepete, 11/02/2018 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Well folks, here we are again ready to organize our Geek Critiques for 2019. A big thanks goes out to all the sponsors for 2018. You all made a great contribution to the site and to your fellow members. Your generosity is by far an amazing part of what makes this site so great!

We are looking for 12 solid sponsors this upcoming year and would like to give everyone the opportunity to become one.  In order to get the best out of each sponsorship, we would like to ask for the following criteria:

Sponsor Criteria:

1. Should be quite active on the site with at least one year of regular participation under your belt. *
2. Should be prepared to host the coordinating thread of your sponsorship. **
3. Should be prepared to choose your reviewers, or not. ***
4. Enjoy mailing cigars out early  

* Quite active on the site means that you check into the site at least every two or three days.

** Hosting the coordinating thread means communicating with reviewers in the thread, announcing when the cigars have been shipped, checking that the cigars have been received, and posting regular reminders of the due date as it nears.

*** If hand picking reviewers, choose members that are active and/or at least responsibly communicative. If it's a criteria based choice, give some thought as to what criteria you would like posted. Keep solid newbies in the mix. Let the coordinating Administrator know if you prefer to leave the reviewer recruiting up to them. Decide where you will or will not ship too.

So, if you think this is something you would still like to participate in then go ahead and pick a month that suits you. Thanks again to all the previous sponsors!

January - ninfiction (Brian)

February - Cfickter (Chuck)

March - bstessl (Brian)

April - nirab (Brian)

May - 05Venturer (Kent)

June - Vroomp (Brad)

July - McBryde (Emerson)

August - klamm143 (Kevin)

September - appollo (Stephen)

October - Deener27 (David)

November - Beegerply (Byron)

December - junglepete (Pete)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ninfiction

I'm in. I can even do January. Let's get up a thread and get them mailed out next week.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

junglepete

Quotenirab - 11/3/2018  12:27 PM

I'll take April please :biggrin:

April it is Brian, thanks.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Quotebstessl - 11/3/2018  12:29 PM

I'll take March

You got it Brian, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Ha, so the three Brians are the first to step in, funny :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

05Venturer

I'll take May before another Brian jumps in LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

appollo

junglepete

Quoteappollo - 11/4/2018  6:45 AM

Put me in for Sept.Pete

September is yours Stephen, thanks!
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

And I'll take December this year, thanks Pete  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cfickter

I will take Feb or one of the summer months if still available
thanks
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

junglepete

QuoteVroomp - 11/5/2018  11:56 AM

I can do June if available....... :confused:

Very good Brad, June is yours. Thank you.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

QuoteCfickter - 11/5/2018  12:34 PM

I will take Feb or one of the summer months if still available
thanks

Thank you Chuck, February is yours.
Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Someone took my December spot......... :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:nono:  :nono:

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Quotejunglepete - 11/6/2018  12:48 PM

?? Why is it yours?

Last 2 years I have sent unbanded "mystery" cigars out.

2 years in a row - MINE!  :loser:

:cry:

:violin:

Carry on, nothing to see here.  :confused:

junglepete

Okay, so what I understand you are saying is that you would like to own Decembers spot exclusively for yourself every year even though this has always been run on a first come first serve basis. And because you want it it makes you entitled to have it even though you never asked if you could have the spot exclusively year to year. And I should know all this ahead of time and I'm the loser for not understanding that just because you picked December twice in a row. And if anyone else picked the same month two years in a row I should remember that as well so that I won't be a loser twice. And if anyone else picked December I will have had to tell them no. Here is a possible solution: pick another month, then send me a nice PM and ask if I would not mind to switch with you based on your desire to do December.
Guru of Frugality

Beegerply

Pete I will do November It will be a first for me.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

junglepete

QuoteBeegerply - 11/6/2018  3:36 PM

Pete I will do November It will be a first for me.  :biggrin:

Okay great Byron, you're down for November...thank you!
Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Quotejunglepete - 11/6/2018  1:17 PM

Okay, so what I understand you are saying is that you would like to own Decembers spot exclusively for yourself every year even though this has always been run on a first come first serve basis. And because you want it it makes you entitled to have it even though you never asked if you could have the spot exclusively year to year. And I should know all this ahead of time and I'm the loser for not understanding that just because you picked December twice in a row. And if anyone else picked the same month two years in a row I should remember that as well so that I won't be a loser twice. And if anyone else picked December I will have had to tell them no. Here is a possible solution: pick another month, then send me a nice PM and ask if I would not mind to switch with you based on your desire to do December.

It was a joke, end of story.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.