First Pipe

Started by tvolball, 11/08/2018 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvolball

Got my first pipe today. Been wanting to try it for a while. It a Missouri Meerschaum Bent Washington.

Also ordered a few 1oz sample bags of tobacco. Lane 1-Q, Scotty's Trout Stream, and Scotty's Butternut Burley.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

shakinghorizons

ninfiction

I bought a corncob a couple years ago. Smoked it a half dozen times. Just never got into it even though just like every other hobby I jumped right in and bought several tins of tobacco and even got a couple fancy pipes. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it, just a lot of work and takes time to get the hang of so you're not constantly relighting.

Now that it's below freezing again I should break it out again. smoke some of the tobacco I've got "aging"
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Scotty's Butternut Burley is a favorite of mine.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

shakinghorizons

I've tried many times, had custom pipes made, but ultimately ended up giving it up due to not packing a bowl correctly. The relights, the frustration, etc and I just couldn't do it anymore.

If I had someone local to sit down and really teach me (youtube failed me many times), I would pick it back up in a heartbeat.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.