Figurados

Started by Koop, 11/15/2018 07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

Do you like figurados? I've mostly smoked parejos - toro and robusto. But, I've had a few torpedos and today I puffed my first perfecto. I found it to be - well, nearly perfect. I enjoy the torpedo shape too. What do you think about them?

ninfiction

I'm with you on torpedos, I really enjoy them, but I also prefer smaller ring gauges. Like 46-48 so a torpedo kind of fits. I've been hot or miss with perfectos. Could be my lighting technique. Often times I find them to be too tight to start with until it burns down past the point, then I wonder why bother. Some bad and some good though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Kid Montana

Because they typically cost more than the next nearest size,  I don't typically purchase figurados.  The perfecto/salomon type shapes are more prone to burn issues due to the tricky construction.  Pyramides, belicosos,  and torpedos are the figurado shapes I like the most since you can control the cut and draw extremely well.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Brlesq

Try a v-cut on one next time.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Chefjohn

I like Perfectos. To me they are just classic looking.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

headfirst

I do like figurados for how the flavor can morph, but I don't have a strong preference on shape, I care more about overall size these days.  I don't want a tree trunk or a toothpick, something right down the middle that doesn't take 3 hours to smoke and doesn't burn my mouth either and I'm happy, no matter the shape...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Koop

Quoteheadfirst - 11/16/2018  6:11 AM

I do like figurados for how the flavor can morph, but I don't have a strong preference on shape, I care more about overall size these days.  I don't want a tree trunk or a toothpick, something right down the middle that doesn't take 3 hours to smoke and doesn't burn my mouth either and I'm happy, no matter the shape...

Yeah, the perfecto did add transitions to the smoke. It lasted just over an hour.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.