The Unicorn List

Started by Kid Montana, 11/16/2018 02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Montana

Hey gang,  what is your unicorn cigar?   There are a hell of a lot of amazing cigars produced every year but a lot that go out of production,  were limited,  or the stuff of legend but that you never had a chance to get.   They're sometimes from a particularly good year,  a special blend, exclusive release,  allocated or otherwise no longer obtainable except from the hands of private collectors.  This list is for those sticks,  that you wish you could get again, your white whales,  your unicorns.

Ashton VSG Estate Reserve
Bolivar Gold Medals (ISOM)

I'd rather have a cigar...

Murphy223

Great Topic and I'll be more of a follower on this one since I'm not as experienced as most.  That said, I don't think these are unicorn cigars but some on my wish list are.

Fuente Opus X

Cohiba Behike

Padron 1926 and / or 1964

and would love to try a Cuban Montecristo #2 because my grandfather used to smoke them

Kid Montana

QuoteMurphy223 - 11/16/2018  1:05 PM

Fuente Opus X

Cohiba Behike

Padron 1926 and / or 1964

and would love to try a Cuban Montecristo #2 because my grandfather used to smoke them

I can understand Opus X, since it's a seasonal allocated release,  and the Behike and Monte No. 2 are Cuban so they're both expensive and logistically changing to acquire.  The Padron 64/26 otoh are regular production and though they are expensive, they are widely available.   I recommend you make them part of your secret Santa wish list.   :biggrin:

Chefjohn

Great topic. Although this is not one I've had I've been wanting to try Arturo Fuente Destino al Siglo.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ninfiction

The first cigar that came to mind is the Oliva Cain F Lancero Tubo which they quit making in 2014.  Apparently you can get them again minus the Tube. I'll have to try one and see if it lives up to my memories.

The other is Crowned Heads 2014 TAA Angel's Anvil, but you and Bruce hooked me up so I still have several to enjoy.

Illusione eccj 15th Anniversary - That would be a hell of a find. Only 4500 cigars released in 2008.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

shakinghorizons

Davidoff Year of the Sheep
Davidoff Year of the Snake

05Venturer

Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No.77 Sand Shark
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Hell, half of my wishlist humidor is unicorns.  Too many to type out here!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kid Montana

QuoteBrlesq - 11/16/2018  7:38 PM

CTRL+C
CTRL+V

MusicCity

QuoteBrlesq - 11/16/2018  9:38 PM

DITTO  :lmao:

Camshaft83

Crowned Heads Paniolo Especial 2015 or 2017
A. Fuente Anejo No. 77 Sand Shark
A. Fuente Casa Fuente Phantom
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Deener27

QuoteKid Montana - 11/17/2018  3:54 PM

CTRL+C
CTRL+V

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Deener27

Being the Warped Whore that I am becoming: Maestro del Tiempo 6102R

Also, on the enabler-in-chief's recommendation: Litto Gomez Small Batch #2

Just to name a few that came to mind right away, but there are many more.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

QuoteKid Montana - 11/17/2018  4:54 PM

CTRL+C
CTRL+V

OK, I just tried that, but apparently my list is so large that it broke the site for almost 5 minutes and then I got the following error code.
ERROR CODE: f1u2c3k4y5o6u7!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tuck0411

Too much of a noob to be posting in a thread like this, but the best cigar I've had yet which doesn't seem to be in production anymore is the Hoyo de Monterrey Reposado en Cedros Liso.  If anyone knows if these are still available and where, I'd be very grateful.   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Cigary

Unicorn Cigars can be those that were discontinued and much to my joy and happiness...I was going through my stock of cigars and discovered 2 brands that I thought I had smoked all of them but found a box....  Puros Herfanos 681's that were really good and a first cousin to the LP#9.....here's a link about http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=6433.0

Another cigar that was great was Capoeira ( maduros ) by J Fuego.  I discovered a box of these as well and smoked one last night and while it had about 6 years of age to them....they were every bit as good if not better than when I was buying them that many years ago.  I love discovering cigars that were once a favorite and stopped production and then finding them again in my vault...happy days!!

Beegerply

For me it was Perdomo ESV 91 they no longer make. Other then that I really don't have any unicorns. There are a lot out there that I would like to try, but I'm not going to the end of the earth to try and get.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Cfickter

Opus X is an easy one to throw out there.  There are Opus X, even Lost City or the Tauros the Bull Heaven & Earth (which can be had for $70 a cigar at at least one shop), available, if you are willing to pay the price, but even within his elite cigar line there are super unicorns (IMHO) like the 20th Anniversary  or the BBMF
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Since I'm  big CH fan the only one I can think of IS Angel Anvil 2014

nirab

MF Le Bijou Lancero...is it even real?
Room101 OSOK...the original release...so good!
AF #77 Sand Shark...of course!
Monster Series...Frank, Drac, Face, Wolf...any and/or all please!
MF El Hijo...shoulda got em when I coulda...shoulda woulda coulda!!

I've got some more...but this is enough... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Silverstix

For me it would probably be a Cuban Davidoff.  I am a big Davidoff fan and I would love to sit back, smoke an old world cigar, and be transported back in time where I'm sitting on a beach in Cuba with a Pina Colada wearing a white linen shirt and a Panama hat

McBryde

Graycliff Crystal Pirate, the original blend.

True unicorn: Bashert Pig

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

toby2

Quoteshakinghorizons - 11/16/2018  6:27 PM  Davidoff Year of the Sheep Davidoff Year of the Snake

i'm in this camp. i haven't tried any of the "Year Of" yet. good answer for me too.

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 11/20/2018  6:33 AM

For me it would probably be a Cuban Davidoff.  I am a big Davidoff fan and I would love to sit back, smoke an old world cigar, and be transported back in time where I'm sitting on a beach in Cuba with a Pina Colada wearing a white linen shirt and a Panama hat

Because of the rarity (and price) I gave up searching. $120/stick was my cap. The people that i know that have had them in the last couple years say they are past their prime unfortunately.

MusicCity

This thread is just in time for secret Santa  :thanx:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.