Heartfelt Variance Question

Started by Chefjohn, 11/20/2018 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

Hey guys. I have 4 Heartfelt 65% tube in my wineador and am getting variances in the RH. The bottom is reading 63-64%, the middle is reading 68-69%, and near the top I'm getting 66-67%. The hygrometers are calibrated and the tubes are dry. Is this much of a variance normal with the Heartfelt? Any recommendations?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ninfiction

I use about 3lbs in my tower, but I also use Boveda and a Hydra LG. The range in there is 68 at the bottom to about 60 at the top. It's cold and dry here in MN now and that thing leaks like a sieve.

In short, I'm no help.

I would think you'll see some fluctuation no matter what medium you use for humidity. So many other factors come into play. The closest I ever got to being spot on was a small tuperdor with a few Boveda. Eventually beads do need a little recharge unless you're usually high humidity. They will dry out. During the winter I spray mine quite often because they dry out fast.

Do you have a fan to move the air around? That and experiment with the placement of the beads. In my opinion anything between 60-70% is good enough.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Chefjohn

Thanks Brian. I'm not overly concerned with the variance. I just wanted to see if this was normal with Heartfelts.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.