First Pass of 2019 (In Progress)

Started by 05Venturer, 12/09/2018 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

I can't believe we don't have a single pass running currently. I would like to change that come January 2019 with the  'First Pass of 2019'.

I give it thru the holiday season to sign up and will plan to ship it out the first week in January. Read the rules if your good with em, sign up.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Deener27

This is going to another good one, Kent.  Funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing the other day when I noticed the pass queue was empty.  Can't say I have ever seen that on here.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

ninfiction

Thanks for the invite...or as a mod I just added myself...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

Kent if this is open for bothers from the GWN I'm in.

05Venturer

Quoteappollo - 12/9/2018  1:59 PM

Kent if this is open for bothers from the GWN I'm in.

Absolutely bud
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Quoteninfiction - 12/9/2018  1:09 PM

Thanks for the invite...or as a mod I just added myself...
Shocker
Kent

Adwinistrator

I'd really like to join in on this.  I currently don't have any feedback, but did donate to the Cigars for the Troops Drive.

How exactly do I sign up?  By posting in this thread?  I didn't see any options to join on the Cigar Pass page.

Cfickter

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/10/2018  9:09 AM  I'd really like to join in on this.  I currently don't have any feedback, but did donate to the Cigars for the Troops Drive.  How exactly do I sign up?  By posting in this thread?  I didn't see any options to join on the Cigar Pass page.

Home page, far right, near the top, under the Geek Wear call out.  You will see a pass link to join.

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Adwinistrator

QuoteCfickter - 12/10/2018  9:13 AM

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/10/2018  9:09 AM  I'd really like to join in on this.  I currently don't have any feedback, but did donate to the Cigars for the Troops Drive.  How exactly do I sign up?  By posting in this thread?  I didn't see any options to join on the Cigar Pass page.

Home page, far right, near the top, under the Geek Wear call out.  You will see a pass link to join.

Thanks Chuck!  I sent a request...  Now, how much do the bribes usually run to get someone to vouch around here?

05Venturer

Kent

Cfickter

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/10/2018  9:30 AM  

Thanks Chuck!  I sent a request...  Now, how much do the bribes usually run to get someone to vouch around here?

Glad to see Kent let you in, if you have any questions just ask anyone on this pass or post it here.  Other than the moderator the rest of us are here to help! 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Adwinistrator

QuoteCfickter - 12/12/2018  8:05 AM

QuoteAdwinistrator - 12/10/2018  9:30 AM  

Glad to see Kent let you in, if you have any questions just ask anyone on this pass or post it here.  Other than the moderator the rest of us are here to help! 

Thanks!  Thanks Kent for letting me in (although I'm technically a veteran now).

Looking forward to participating.   :biggrin:

05Venturer

10 in so far. Looking like a great line up of Geeks. I will try to get some seed cigars inputted as soon as time allows.
Kent

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Silverstix

Thanks for adding me, Kent.  Looking forward to it!

05Venturer

Kent

calvarez

It's been a while since I got on a pass, I'd like to join this one.  Man, do I have a lot of dog rockets to pass off!  Ok, ok, I have some interesting things that I'd like to share.  In the last couple years I've been stocking more long-time favorites and experimenting a little less with random stuff.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

05Venturer

Quotecalvarez - 12/17/2018  11:28 AM

It's been a while since I got on a pass, I'd like to join this one.  Man, do I have a lot of dog rockets to pass off!  Ok, ok, I have some interesting things that I'd like to share.  In the last couple years I've been stocking more long-time favorites and experimenting a little less with random stuff.

It's as easy as clicking the "Request to Join" button. Kinda the Easy button for CG
Kent

calvarez

Hah, I thought so, but it's missing for me.  Although it says it's not private, I just don't get a join button.  I logged out and back in, nothing.

-- Me

calvarez

Also, I like the idea of starting out with a non-theme pass!  Good idea.

-- Me

benchjockey

The request to join button is on the right side of the front page right under Geek Wear.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

calvarez

Interesting, my ad blocker was blocking that.

-- Me

Kid Montana

Quotecalvarez - 12/18/2018  8:44 AM

Interesting, my ad blocker was blocking that.

Hey calvarez, I see you're in Glendale.  I'm down in 'Tukee but I'd love to do an in-person hand off.  

Kent, can we get put next to each other in pass order?  It'll be great to meet another Geek.  :biggrin:

I'd rather have a cigar...

calvarez

I had thought about that.  You're far, but there are some cigar bar options between us!

-- Me

Kid Montana

Quotecalvarez - 12/20/2018  9:54 AM

I had thought about that.  You're far, but there are some cigar bar options between us!

Not that far, only far at rush hour(s).   There are a bunch of places in that part of Phoenixland which I've never visited.   Once the pass gets going and the time is right, we can meet up at your local favorite, or maybe one you've been wanting to visit in a while.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.