Can I get an AMEN!

Started by mcdimond, 05/09/2010 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdimond

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Can I get an AMEN!'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

This is a variation of the "Four Or More" concept. I'm looking for this pass to include 4-star cigars which *do not* have three reviews yet. Those which need a "second opinion" are prime targets for this pass (but if you want to toss in a few that have lots of reviews, that's okay too).

Pass Guidelines:
1. There must be at least one review of the cigar in the CG database -- even if it is only your review!
2. The average rating must be 4.0 stars or higher.

As always, please respect value in your puts and takes, and have fun! There will be up to 15 participants who meet the following criteria:
 - At least 100 points
 - "Regular" rank or above (link: http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/statistics/user-listing.asp )
 - Good reputation in the CG community
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

mcdimond

I'm going to get this pulled together to mail out Friday or Saturday.
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Bob Cordell

I'm not sure I have sense enough to figure this one out! I'll try though if you'll have me!

:confused:

:-(
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

mcdimond

QuoteBob Cordell - 5/9/2010  7:09 PM

I'm not sure I have sense enough to figure this one out! I'll try though if you'll have me!

Sure I'll have you. Basically, the idea is good cigars that need more reviews. For example (just to pull the first 4+ star cigar I find in the database), the 262 Paradigm Torpedo has 5 stars from only one member. It needs more reviews so CG can really give it a balanced, reliable rating.

If someone puts it into the pass, someone else gets a chance to review it. Maybe they'll yell AMEN and give it another good review  :biggrin:
Michael

Fun Fact:

mcdimond

QuoteJackal - 5/9/2010  7:26 PM

I like this idea

You're in :biggrin:
Michael

Fun Fact:

mcdimond

QuoteBob Cordell - 5/9/2010  7:09 PM

I sent you an invitation, Bob.
Michael

Fun Fact:

Hot Stuff x

Great idea for a pass...AMEN!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

southernpacifico

Sound like a fun pass, AMEN
Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Jackal

Everybody testify.

Amen brothers and sisters.

ratboy

QuoteJackal - 5/10/2010  1:58 PM

Everybody testify.

Amen brothers and sisters.

I just had a Benny Hinn moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

Thanks for accepting me into the pass.

DennisA

I was going to sit out on passes for a while, but got caught up in all of the excitement, and just had to shout out a HALLELUJAH![/b], and push the button.
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

mcdimond

Amen, brother!

Room for 9 more in this cigar altar call!
Michael

Fun Fact:

lowpro75

Hot August night
And the leaves hanging down
And the grass on the ground smelling sweet
Move up the road
To the outside of town
And the sound of that good gospel beat

Sits a ragged tent
Where there ain't no trees
And that gospel group
Telling you and me

It's Love
Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
Pack up the babies
Grab the old ladies
Everyone goes
Everyone knows
Brother Love's show

AMEN!  Request sent.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mcdimond

You're in!

BTW, the old ladies love it when I grab them...
Michael

Fun Fact:

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mcdimond

This pass is looking for cigars with 4 stars and few ratings, so just pulling this together is taking some research. I'm having to inventory my humidors :lmao:

So far, I have three that need reviews and two more that have 4.0 from one review each. Still digging and checking ratings, but I'll be ready to package this up this weekend.

Still room for more participants!
Michael

Fun Fact:

NES Tek

I really want to join, but am not sure I have enough sticks (if any) to do this. I need to do a little inventory!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

mcdimond

No worries, I know what you mean. The initial puts are going to be hard to do if I truly restrict myself to 4+ stars and <3 reviews. I may have to fudge a little and put in some 4+ with more than 3 reviews.

Somehow, I think nobody will complain too much as long as there's a bunch of good cigars moving around.
Michael

Fun Fact:

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

akira

Can we get Paul to pull a list to post so I can see if I have enough to contribute?   :confused:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Jackal

A little hard work will do you good.

I already have some of mine picked out.

mcdimond

Quotelowpro75 - 5/12/2010  11:57 AM

I got the Moonshine Crooks Rum covered. :biggrin:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=24536

:lmao:
Noooooooo comment.
Michael

Fun Fact:

mcdimond

Quoteakira - 5/12/2010  2:27 PM

Can we get Paul to pull a list to post so I can see if I have enough to contribute?   :confused:

You bet. I'll send a PM to Sr. Pablo and post the result.
Michael

Fun Fact:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.