Rolling Your Own Cigars

Started by el_capo_saez, 12/31/2018 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_capo_saez

Hey guys!

My name is Pablo.  I've been on here for a little bit.  I've recently had the itch to try my hand at rolling my own cigars.  I am currently not at a place in my life to do so just yet.  I'm in the process of moving and everything I own is somewhere else.  I've done some research and have found some sites where one can buy tobacco.  It is on my list of things to learn and do in 2019.  I was just curious if there were any geeks out there who roll their own cigars and maybe learn a bit more on the matter.  Please feel free to DM with information if you feel so inclined.

Happy New Year!

"But man is not made for defeat.  A man can be destroyed but not defeated" - Ernest Hemingway

junglepete

Well, that's not a route I have yet explored. Good luck with that and Happy New Year
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

jagfandaddy

I would say way too much to get involved with. First you would need tobacco from different regions, the long process of fermentation, etc. oh and a very big bank account!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

ntanner

here is a place that supplies the home roller.

https://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/

and here are step by step instructions on how to roll a cigar.
https://pharamceuticals.wonderhowto.com/how-to/roll-your-own-cigars-home-0123429/

Something I would like to try eventually myself but havnt been able to yet.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

jagfandaddy

Quotentanner - 1/1/2019  11:31 PM

here is a place that supplies the home roller.

https://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/

and here are step by step instructions on how to roll a cigar.
https://pharamceuticals.wonderhowto.com/how-to/roll-your-own-cigars-home-0123429/

Something I would like to try eventually myself but havnt been able to yet.

I stand corrected! Who new?
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

DonM

An acquaintance here locally was doing some free hand rolls initially and although they were rugged looking they were decent cigars.  It was more for his smoking pleasure than anything else.  Then he decided to blend his own brand.  That is when things got a little expensive for him with licenses etc.  I think there are some still in the local B&M on the shelf

All I need is another hobby  :lmao:  And It appears that with that web site, you could spend $400 on the low end just to get started and no clue what the flavors would be in the end result

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

Might be just the ticket for you Don. You could retire down there in south Florida and make some spending money rolling cigars in little Havana. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Adwinistrator

My GF's father's friend does a ton of rolling, he's been sucked deep into the OCD hobbyist trap, buying bundles of tobacco from strange people in Miami who he found on the internet...

There are some places that will sell tobacco through a storefront, but I'm sure y'all can appreciate that you're buying the leftovers, of the leftovers, of the leftovers, of the leftovers.

You gotta find a guy who knows a guy to get that good tobac...

el_capo_saez

Thanks for the feedback and info guys.  Hopefully soon I will be able to get things rolling...  No pun intended. ;-)
"But man is not made for defeat.  A man can be destroyed but not defeated" - Ernest Hemingway

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.