Name The New Truck

Started by Deener27, 01/28/2019 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deener27

Alright Geeks.  I am usually good for the Indy 500 contest every year, but I figured that we need more action on the boards here.  Yes, I will still do the 500 contest but I wanted to drum up some fun so here goes:

I acquired a new (to me) truck in the last few days and drove it in the snow storm today to break it in.  It is a late 2000's GMC truck in a nice deep crimson color.  Black Beauty (my pickup) or the Beast as DRuff calls it, is still with me but I am going to dump it early in the spring due to almost 300K miles and the feeling that I have gotten as much as I could for my money.

The goal is to name the damned thing.  It is bad luck to operate a vehicle without a name.  

I will select 5 of my favorite nominees on Superbowl Sunday at kickoff, so you have till then to get your entries on the list.  Once I have the list of nominees, I will put up a poll and you vote for your favorite.  The person who nominates the winning name gets a nice 5'er from me.  Got it?  Good.  Voting closes 10 am Central on February 10th, 2019.

Here are the rules.  Nothing stupid.  Nothing lewd.  (Yeah, right...no fun. Right?  No, just something I can be okay telling my son.)  Could be a woman's name (ahoy matey) or something fitting for the new beast.  Limit yourself to your 3 best entries.  CONUS, as I am stupid too ship things out of the US.

Get it?  Got it?  Good!  

LET THE FUN BEGIN.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

Longhorn

Bette Ford

As in "Bette Ford has to pull the Crimson xxx out of a ditch some day."  

:-0  :biggrin:

Hot Stuff x

A picture would be helpful
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Hot Stuff x

Pussy Wagon.    Ha ha, just kidding.   Let's keep it simple.  "Jimmy Red"
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Chefjohn

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Cfickter

"more expensive than those testosterone pills" (kind of long)
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

"Everybody"s new best friend who moving furniture"...that's to long too...the classic "Red Rocket"...or just "Big Red" :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ninfiction

I don't know why but "Betty" always seemed like a good name for a truck to me.

Rosie - as in a Whole Lotta

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Murphy223

Sight unseen my 3 are as follows

1. Based on Color - The Bloodhound
2. Based on Location - Lincoln
3. Going out on a limb that it's a GMC Sierra  .  My daughter has a friend named Sierra and she goes by "CC"

Either way, Congrats on the new truck.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

DonM

The Crimson Vixen
 or CrimsonVixen

"The Curmudgeon"

c9belayer

Another vote for Red Ryder!
Especially if you've always wanted it, and want nothing else for Christmas.
-- c9belayer

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Cfickter

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

Big Jim
Ruby
Fordivore
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

IDK what you need to call it, but if it is an 08 GMC, with the motor where they tried out the new gas saving feature in the engine, you better take the damn thing back, or sell it now before you have to replace the lifters on it! I have the 08, and mine is in the shop now having the third set of lifters put in it.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Longhorn

QuoteMcBryde - 1/30/2019  11:50 AM

IDK what you need to call it, but if it is an 08 GMC, with the motor where they tried out the new gas saving feature in the engine, you better take the damn thing back, or sell it now before you have to replace the lifters on it! I have the 08, and mine is in the shop now having the third set of lifters put in it.

E

Bette Ford.   :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.