COUNTERFEIT ATABEY CIGARS BEING SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES

Started by amigodecigars, 02/05/2019 08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

Feb 4, 2019 (New Hampshire) – United Cigar, distributor of premium cigars in the United States announced today that measures have been put into place to prevent counterfeiting of their premium line from Selected Tobacco; Atabey. “Over the last year we have heard whispers of counterfeit or unbanded Atabeys” said Oliver Nivaud of United Cigars. “Regretfully, these whispers have turned into a reality and a few mislead consumers have felt the effects. Atabey is hand-rolled in Costa Rica and every cigar adorns the highly detailed Atabey band.

The world renowned Vrijdag Premium Printing in the Netherlands produces the Atabey bands, as well as all bands from Selected Tobacco including Byron and Bandolero (shown here). The bands combine a beautiful, modern design with an unmistakable gold process feature, which is more difficult to counterfeit.  As of today, all Atabey cigars imported into the U.S. will have a secondary band at its foot to further deter counterfeit products. “Atabey has never been released without its distinctive band nor are there any plans for this. The distribution of Atabey and all Selected Tobacco products are sold exclusively through United Cigars” said Nivaud.

“We have taken extensive measures to stop any and all attempts of counterfeiting of our cigars” stated Nelson Alfonso, owner of Selected Tobacco, “and will pursue all incidences to the furthest extent of the law.”  United Cigars asks any consumers and retailers who purchase Atabey Cigars without a band or with any other misleading packaging to contact the company directly, either by calling United Cigars at 603.404.0016 or by e-mailing them at oliver@UnitedCigarGroup.com.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I saw Nelson Alfonso once at the factory in Puriscal and he is a very successful grafic/art designer, he developed the band for Cohiba and I have attached a photo of Nelson and an ashtray he designed for Montecristo.    http://www.2guyscigars.com/  carry his brands.  

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Deener27

Also Warped.  Big post on FB by Kyle Gellis regarding counterfeit cigars being pawned off on a few message boards.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

Just terrible. And did you hear about the fake Gurkhas?!?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

QuoteBrlesq - 2/5/2019  6:45 PM

Just terrible. And did you hear about the fake Gurkhas?!?

Yes, their better than the original. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Adwinistrator

I smell shenanigans...

Atabey clearly designs their band to resemble Cohiba imagery...  The colors, the checkers, the price.

Is there so much demand that they cannot meet supply?

"Hey guys, look at us, were so hot that we get counterfeit, just like Cohiba!"

Koop

QuoteAdwinistrator - 2/5/2019  7:22 PM

I smell shenanigans...

Atabey clearly designs their band to resemble Cohiba imagery...  The colors, the checkers, the price.

Is there so much demand that they cannot meet supply?

"Hey guys, look at us, were so hot that we get counterfeit, just like Cohiba!"

Any publicity is good publicity. I smell a rat too.

sccrom1

sadly they are better than the real ones in response to the post in this thread about the fake ghurkas

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.