Heading to Toronto

Started by Murphy223, 02/26/2019 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphy223

So I am headed to Toronto this week and was doing a little research on places to visit.   I have found a few Tobacconists which I will try to check out but was really surprised to find out that there are literally no places to smoke in Canada like we have in the States.  Cigar Lounges or Smoke Friendly shops.    Any recommendations?    How do you guys do it?

Adwinistrator

Driving or flying?  I'm in Buffalo, so if you're taking the I-90 to the border, I can show you some good places in Buffalo for a cigar.

Can't help you with Toronto though...

Murphy223

flying - business trip . 2 days Downtown

appollo

Nik[Quickme] might be able to help you on that,he lives in the area.

junglepete

The easiest way to smoke a cigar in Toronto in the winter is to buy a Condo in Florida or set up a man cave in your own home. Sure, there are plenty of great lounges that will happily sell you sticks at prices that will freeze your nuts with shock well before the weather does, but then after spending the grossly inflated price, there is the indignity of not being allowed to smoke it on the premises either. If you like walking, weather permitting, and smoking, I suppose you can stroll around and tour the neighborhood. Do I sound bitter? Born and raised in T.O....enjoy your trip!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Murphy223

Quotejunglepete - 2/26/2019  10:17 AM  The easiest way to smoke a cigar in Toronto in the winter is to buy a Condo in Florida or set up a man cave in your own home. Sure, there are plenty of great lounges that will happily sell you sticks at prices that will freeze your nuts with shock well before the weather does, but then after spending the grossly inflated price, there is the indignity of not being allowed to smoke it on the premises either. If you like walking, weather permitting, and smoking, I suppose you can stroll around and tour the neighborhood. Do I sound bitter? Born and raised in T.O....enjoy your trip!

So in this case, Bourbon it is!  Thanks for the info Pete!

junglepete

There is a place in the downtown core called Correntti Cigars...Frank Correnti...they roll them there in a little factory, all cuban tobacco, very old establishment and worth popping in for a looksee....a little cheaper than cubans. You can find the info on google
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

quickme

Sadly Junglepete is correct.  There isn't anywhere you can legally smoke indoors and the prices are pretty insane!   Correnti cigars has a great story but there cigars are nothing special.   They moved a couple years ago and I haven't been to the new place.   If you're looking for Cubans there is a LCDH that would be a good start 113 Yorkville Ave, Toronto, ON M5R 1C1.   Depending where you are staying downtown you could pick up a stick or 2 there.   There is also Thomas Hinds 18 Cumberland St, Toronto, ON M4W 1J5 you can check out.  Decent little shop.   If you are further uptown there is La Casa de Fuma where you "could" ask where you can have a stick you purchased at their shop ;) 3433 Yonge St, North York, ON M4N 2N1.  Toronto is a great city but not a very smoker friendly place.   Have a great time and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.  

Nik

Murphy223

Quotequickme - 2/26/2019  1:50 PM  Sadly Junglepete is correct.  There isn't anywhere you can legally smoke indoors and the prices are pretty insane!   Correnti cigars has a great story but there cigars are nothing special.   They moved a couple years ago and I haven't been to the new place.   If you're looking for Cubans there is a LCDH that would be a good start 113 Yorkville Ave, Toronto, ON M5R 1C1.   Depending where you are staying downtown you could pick up a stick or 2 there.   There is also Thomas Hinds 18 Cumberland St, Toronto, ON M4W 1J5 you can check out.  Decent little shop.   If you are further uptown there is La Casa de Fuma where you "could" ask where you can have a stick you purchased at their shop ;) 3433 Yonge St, North York, ON M4N 2N1.  Toronto is a great city but not a very smoker friendly place.   Have a great time and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.    Nik

Thanks Nik - I may check a few of those out but if prices are insane and I can't enjoy em while I'm there, I may pass this go-round    Appreciate the information 

Murphy223

UPDATE: 13* and Snowing but I decided to head out anyway.  I trekked over to Correnti - Definitely worth the trip - Very cool shop and only wish the rollers were there to see them being made first hand.  They had the day off due to the snow bu you can tell it's the last of a dying breed.     Honestly, I don't know how stores survive up here with the taxes.      Also - little known fact - while the laws in Canada don't allow for smoking in a public place - there may or may not be a lounge in the back, speakeasy style    :-)

I can't get the link to work but here are some pics

https://imgur.com/a/IOEaygY 

A0https://imgur.com/a/IOEaygY" />

arrow34

QuoteMurphy223 - 2/27/2019  5:08 PM

UPDATE: 13* and Snowing but I decided to head out anyway.  I trekked over to Correnti - Definitely worth the trip - Very cool shop and only wish the rollers were there to see them being made first hand.  They had the day off due to the snow bu you can tell it's the last of a dying breed.     Honestly, I don't know how stores survive up here with the taxes.      Also - little known fact - while the laws in Canada don't allow for smoking in a public place - there may or may not be a lounge in the back, speakeasy style    :-)

I can't get the link to work but here are some pics

https://imgur.com/a/IOEaygY 

A0https://imgur.com/a/IOEaygY" />

Glad you made it by!  I stopped by there for the first time last year and was lucky enough to catch them rolling some darker cigars that were more to my tasting, so i got a few right off the table.  Great cigars and a worth while stop.  I was lucky it was "warmer" at the time and was able to walk and smoke.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.