April Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 03/12/2019 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian)

The Cigar: Casa Turrent 1880 Toro (6.25 x 52) or (6.5 x 54)

The Specs:

Country of Origin: Mexico
Factory: Nueva Matacapan de Tabacos S.A. de C.V.
Wrapper: Mexican San Andrés Maduro
Binder: Mexico (Criollo 98)
Filler: Mexico (Criollo 98) & Nicaragua (Criollo 98)

The Hype:

Casa Turrent 1880 premium handmade cigars pay tribute to the year the Turrent family entered the tobacco growing business in their native home of Mexico. Fittingly, it's made with primarily all Mexican tobaccos that include a San Andrés wrapper, criollo 98 binder, and fillers from a rare vintage 2007 Negro San Andrés crop, along with Mexican criollo 98' and a bit of criollo 98' leaves from Nicaragua. This time-consuming, carefully planned recipe results in a smoke that Alejandro Turrent deemed as one of their best blends ever! The well-seasoned cigar aficionado will experience an intensely delicious medium body smoke brimming with highly complex notes of coffee, wood, toasted almond, warm spice, cinnamon, and a rich buttery sweetness on the finish.

Due Date: March 25th, 2019.

Shipping: Lower 48 Only

The Reviewers:

1. benchjockey (Barry)
2. ninfiction (Brian)
3. Beegerply (Byron)
4. Koop (Michael)
5. McBryde (Emerson)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Brian for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

benchjockey

I love San Andres wrappers and would like to get in on this.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Koop

I've become a real maduro fan and would love to participate. I did the January Geek Critique so I'm not sure if I'm eligible. If selected, I will PM my current address.

nirab

Barry, aka benchjockey, you are in! Koop, I am not sure if its too soon. I'll put you on the list if we need a 5th. Thanks!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

Review is due in 2 weeks? That's tight.

I can make it fit if you'll have me.

This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

Brian, you are in!

It is tight, I'll get these out on Friday...

Hurry up geeks! I need to dust off my geek calculator!!  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

benchjockey

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

nirab

Byron, you are in!  :biggrin:

Koop...you too!!

Need one more geek.

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Beegerply

Byron

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

E...you are IN!

We got our 5...I'll get these out on Friday morning...

Thanks y'all!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

McBryde

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

QuoteKoop - 3/12/2019  3:18 PM

I've become a real maduro fan and would love to participate. I did the January Geek Critique so I'm not sure if I'm eligible. If selected, I will PM my current address.

PM me your address brother!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Cigars shipped out Friday morning...beware!! :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

benchjockey

Sounds great. Really looking forward to smoking this stick.

benchjockey

Package landed in good shape. My thanks to Brian for his sponsorship and his generosity with the travel companions.

Koop

Review cigar received and safely resting in my humidor. Thanks Brian and I also appreciate the hitchhikers!

nirab

Glad they made it safe n sound.

The Casa Turrent is around 7 months rested, and should not need to sit long at all before reviewing. I've been babying them for this moment!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

Cigars arrived today. Thanks Brother, looking forward to smoking it!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Beegerply

Got mine last night all are in good shape. Thanks for the tag a longs. looking forward to smoking them and the review.  :biggrin:
Byron

McBryde

Mine came in yesterday. Thanks for the bodyguards Brian! I'll get it reviewed in a couple days!

nirab

I'm really excited to hear what y'all think of this! :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Beegerply

My review is done and turned in Brain. Enjoyed it  :biggrin:
Byron

benchjockey

My critique is in. Thanks to Brian for giving me the opportunity to experience this cigar!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.