May Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 03/17/2019 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by 05Venturer (Kent)

The Cigar: Espinosa Alpha Dawg Corona (5.5"x46)

The Specs:

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaragua (Habano Rosado)
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

The Hype:

Those who have attended an Espinosa event already know all about the Alpha Dawg. For those who don't, let me give you a brief backstory. This uh... interestingly named cigar used to be an event only cigar for Espinosa's biggest fans. Word and demand quickly spread though, and people wanted to get their hands on this awesome handmade. Well, luckily, Espionsa is letting the Dawgs out, and has pushed Alpha Dawg into regular production for all to enjoy.

Offered in lovingly dressed boxes of ten, Espinosa Alpha Dawg uses a Habano Rosado Oscuro wrapper over Nicaragun binder and long-filler in order to create a cigar that will satisfy even the biggest appetite. The wrapper itself is special, bringing tons of rich dark chocolate, espresso, earthiness, and a big of dark fruity flavors with each puff. It's complex and chewy, as dense peppery spice works its way in and out of the profile. Alpha Dawg is a medium to full-bodied treat, and after trying one you'll be howling for more. Alright, that's enough dog jokes for one day.

Due Date: April 25th, 2019.

Shipping: No Restrictions

The Reviewers: Must have submitted two regular reviews to the database.

1. Cfickter (Chuck)
2. bstessl (Brian)
3. Murphy223 (Steve)
4. DonM (Don)
5. PETE314 (Peter)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kent for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

One of these days you guys will learn how to spell my name... Or copy and paste... Lol.  Thanks!!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Murphy223

05Venturer

QuoteMurphy223 - 3/17/2019  4:33 PM

Interested!!

You're in Steve.

Pete please add Murphy to the list
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

Never had one, would be interested in this one if you let me in Kent!

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

QuoteDonM - 3/18/2019  9:31 AM

You got it Don

Pete add Don to the list
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Kent

Cfickter

:bump: Come on Geeks, you know you want to be a part of this

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

DonM

Quote05Venturer - 3/18/2019  2:04 PM

QuoteDonM - 3/18/2019  9:31 AM

You got it Don

Pete add Don to the list

Thanks Brother!

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

Really guys, come on!  Why are you wait to join

appollo

I did a review in January.TRing to give some other brothers a chance.But if you need someone I could be your guy.

ninfiction

I'm doing April this week otherwise I'd jump too.

Who knew it was so difficult to give away free cigars....
This is not the admin you're looking for...

ntanner

I just did one or I would be happy to volunteer.

Can't believe you are having this much trouble getting volunteers,.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

1sgjeffward

oooh! oooh! me! me! I'll smoke it if you twist my arm!!

OK I'll do it if you don't twist my arm!

OK DAMMIT just let me smoke the damn cigar and write about it!

Please??
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

05Venturer

Would really like to get a noob in on this one.
Kent

Brlesq

Quote1sgjeffward - 3/21/2019  1:05 AM

oooh! oooh! me! me! I'll smoke it if you twist my arm!!

OK I'll do it if you don't twist my arm!

OK DAMMIT just let me smoke the damn cigar and write about it!
Please??

Hmmm... don't you have to be a member in good standing?  There's the little matter of a trade you never held your end up on before you disappeared the LAST time (and you have disappeared more than once in the past 7 years).  :?:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

PETE314

If you are in a pinch...I can do it....Not necessarily a noob...But hey...like jeff said....twist my arm...LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

05Venturer

QuotePETE314 - 3/21/2019  8:59 AM

If you are in a pinch...I can do it....Not necessarily a noob...But hey...like jeff said....twist my arm...LOL

Pete your in.

Please put Pete in the 5th and final spot and I will try to get these out within a week.

Kent

PETE314

Awesome...Can't wait...this is right in my wheelhouse!!!!
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Cfickter

Thanks for organizing this Kent, looking forward to burning this one!

05Venturer

OK all, I got busy this weekend and didn't get a chance to get the cigars packed up and shipped but will have them out by next weekend for sure. Sorry for the delay guys.
If your addy is different than what you have here on Geeks please be sure to let me know.
Kent

05Venturer

Critique packages are heading out in tomorrows mail
Kent

05Venturer

Just checked tracking an d all packages are scheduled to deliver by end of day Friday.
If anyone does not receive their package by Monday please let me know.
Thanks All.
Kent

Cfickter

Mine arrived today!  Thanks looking forward to smoking this one down

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.