Your Worst Cigar Ever

Started by junglepete, 03/21/2019 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

We have not had this discussion in a while here in the forums so let's see what's what. For the sake of comparing, let's rule out flavored, machine rolled, and short filler cigars.

My worst one to date was years back. It was a Boardwalk Churchill from Holt's. They used to sell them in a lacquered box for under a buck a pop and they were pretty awful!! They still sell them today for a buck a pop, but only in bundles if you're interested  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Berger & Argenti Entubar Double Corona.  It was like smoking newspaper!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

Too many to list, I dabbled in the bargain bin stuff far too long in the first couple years in the hobby.  Here's a few that stand out in my mind though:

Cu Avana
Professor Sila
RP Broadleaf
Fonseca, pick your blend
Gurkha Master Select
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

DE MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured  Just A Friend.Just a terrible stick in my opinion.

shakinghorizons

Quintero Y Hermano - Brevas
:puke:

Koop

Flor de Oliva Maduro, the Oliva Baptiste was only slightly better - or I should say not quite as bad. They were both dismal in my opinion.

ntanner

Augusto Reyes Taino, horrible.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

Mine was Vega Fina (DR) Nicaragua Robusto

Here was my review
It is nice to know that in this world of shoddy workmanship, participation trophies, and the Yugo that this cigar can be held up as a beacon of darkness to those same standards. Trying to find the flavors in this cigars is about as easy as finding a good steak restaurant in Pyongyang, North Korea. With the courts ruling out waterboarding the NSA has a new weapon in which to torture enemy combatants.
I got this cigar for free and still somehow feel I was cheated out of money.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Adwinistrator

Chefjohn

Gurkha Black Puro Churchill. It was the second Gurkha I ever had and will be the last.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PETE314

La Floridita

I was just starting out with buying more in bulk as opposed to one cigar at a time...These seemed to be a good deal.  They looked tasty....I had one and slowly gave the rest away...Started doing MUCH better research on my cigars after that...LOL  Thankfully it has been so long I can't remember what it tasted like...I just know it wasn't good...LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Beegerply

Prida Robusto, here was part of my review: On light up their was a taste that I don't want to recall it was bad, after the first couple of draws it settled down a bit.  Some leather was present, but was gone before I good tell it was leather. Then bad set back in that was all I could take and I tossed into the street, I would not even let this thing set in my ashtrays with the other nubs Overall this is a POS I didn't even want to say I smoked it past 1/2, but did. It did burn even and held a nice ash.    :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

MusicCity

Biggest disappointment: Padron Damaso

Ted

Quoteheadfirst - 3/21/2019  4:56 PM  Too many to list, I dabbled in the bargain bin stuff far too long in the first couple years in the hobby...

Same. I spent way too much time trying to find the ultimate $2 stick. Not worth it. I don't smoke every day, and when I do it's to relax and hang out. Smoking bad cigars is not relaxing. If I smoked several a day I'd probably feel different.

gitfiddl

It would have to be Prida robustos I got from CVM Cigars back around 2008.  Truly horrid.  That was back when I was in search of the ever-elusive "awesome cheap cigar".  I think I paid something like $14.95 for a bundle.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Longhorn

Asylum Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout (Reviewed December 28, 2014)

Rating: 1 Star Rating
Fortunately, for this cigar, CG doesn't offer a lower rating.  

Marketing Description:
"Asylum Cigars are from the mind of Christian Eiroa. Solidly packed with all Nicaraguan tobacco, these cigars are sure to please anyone who enjoys a fine cigar. It's Habano wrapper releases plenty of smoke and gives a mellowed earthy taste with hints of leather to inundate your senses for an all around enjoyable smoke. Pick some up today!"

My Description:
"Asylum Cigars are from the mind of Christian Eiroa and an old barrel of musty beer. Solidly packed in a novelty milk carton with Nicaraguan tobacco leaves that wished they had been picked to go into a Philly Blunt. These cigars are sure to please... almost no one. Its Habano wrapper releases a pungent odor of New Holland beer that has been sitting in the sun for 3 hours (or a barrel for God knows how long). Oh, yea, there's plenty of smoke that yields a mellowed taste of moldy cheese with hints of a someone who spent all weekend drinking and hasn't showered. These cigars numb your senses for an all around yak inducing smoke. Save your money today!"

Cigary

The list is long and undistinguished.....some of the absolute worst is from those places that sell "alternative" cigars as if they can duplicate their own advertising of..."tastes like" and then sell you some cow turd shaped like a cigar....that's about as close to "alternative" as they get.  You get what you pay for isn't just a saying...it's accurate.  When I buy a new washing machine and the salesperson tries to sell me a monkey washing out my clothes by a river stream and rubbing them over a rock....sorry....that's not the definition of "alternative."

Lukasj

What's up guys! New around here...sent here by Adwinistrator.

Worst for me has been a La Perla White Pearl

headfirst

Welcome Lukas!  I've had that White Pearl, not my worst ever but yeah it's not anything like the other LPH stuff.  Head over to the newbie intros forum and introduce yourself in a new thread there.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

headfirst

QuoteLonghorn - 3/24/2019  10:00 AM

Asylum Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout (Reviewed December 28, 2014)

Rating: 1 Star Rating
Fortunately, for this cigar, CG doesn't offer a lower rating.  

Marketing Description:
"Asylum Cigars are from the mind of Christian Eiroa. Solidly packed with all Nicaraguan tobacco, these cigars are sure to please anyone who enjoys a fine cigar. It's Habano wrapper releases plenty of smoke and gives a mellowed earthy taste with hints of leather to inundate your senses for an all around enjoyable smoke. Pick some up today!"

My Description:
"Asylum Cigars are from the mind of Christian Eiroa and an old barrel of musty beer. Solidly packed in a novelty milk carton with Nicaraguan tobacco leaves that wished they had been picked to go into a Philly Blunt. These cigars are sure to please... almost no one. Its Habano wrapper releases a pungent odor of New Holland beer that has been sitting in the sun for 3 hours (or a barrel for God knows how long). Oh, yea, there's plenty of smoke that yields a mellowed taste of moldy cheese with hints of a someone who spent all weekend drinking and hasn't showered. These cigars numb your senses for an all around yak inducing smoke. Save your money today!"

Geez Brad, quit beating around the bush and just be honest when you review something   :lmao:
-Charles Spurgeon

cajun600

Lots of different Gurkha's (too many to list)
Fonesca
Oliva 2nds from cbid
Come to think of it... Lots of cbid crap!
5 Vegas Maduro

I'll think of more...

Thinking of all the dog rockets I've had also reminds me of all the awesome cigars I've been able to smoke, can't wait for that thread!

1sgjeffward

Victor Sinclair 55 Series (ALL) tried 2 of the group that came in a package and actually threw the other 3 away.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Adwinistrator

QuoteLukasj - 3/24/2019  2:55 PM

What's up guys! New around here...sent here by Adwinistrator.

Worst for me has been a La Perla White Pearl

Glad you decided to step into the forums!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.