Torch

Started by Koop, 03/28/2019 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

I've been using a Vertigo three-jet torch to toast and light my cigars for a while now. I like it, it was a relatively inexpensive tool and works well although it uses a lot of butane. So, my recent purchase from Holt's included an Blazer Ambassador single-jet torch (made in Japan). I tried it tonight and so far I love it! The single-jet lets me direct the flame with more precision and although it may take a bit longer to light the stick, I had no worries of accidentally  scorching the wrapper. What's your preference - single-jet or multi-jet?

cajun600

find myself using single jet torch only if super windy, but not a fan of the super hot heat and since i'm clumsy i tend to overheat/burn my sticks too much when lighting. I usually go soft flames with a Colibri Julius, Roburn MT770 torch (turned to a soft-flame), and most recently added a JetLine Tusk. Enjoy!

Cfickter

I will second the soft flame nomination.  I have a Xikar and Colibri and both are exceptional lighters.  I also have a number of single flame but if I need to the, Xikar Allume is the preference.   And they can be had at a really good price
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

arrow34

I use what I have filled :)  But generally reach for a four or three burner and I have been rediscovering my soft flame lighters as well, just don't have the patience though...

Beegerply

I like the single flame, I use just and old Ronson Jet Light they are cheap and last forever. Only thing I don't like about them is they don't hold much fuel.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Cigary

30 lighters and my "go to" is the Xikar Exodus soft flame... for touch ups when it's windy.. Ronson.

DonM

My on the go lighter is a Xikar Ultra Mag w/ cutter.  I have 2 of them.  At home, I like dual burners and have a Xikar ELX as well as a bunch of freebies that just keep on working as long as you use quality butane

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Single Flame, triple flame, match, soft flame Djeep, just according to what's downstairs that I didn't cart off in my pocket at some point.  Hell, if it lights it on fire I will use to get one going.  I have never found much falloff between flame sources other than sometimes a match can get off to an uneven light.  Not too picky I guess.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Chefjohn

QuoteCfickter - 3/29/2019  7:24 AM

I will second the soft flame nomination.  I have a Xikar and Colibri and both are exceptional lighters.  I also have a number of single flame but if I need to the, Xikar Allume is the preference.   And they can be had at a really good price

I got a Xikar Allume also. I've sent it back twice and it still will not work.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Cfickter

QuoteChefjohn - 3/29/2019  2:33 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 3/29/2019  7:24 AM  I will second the soft flame nomination.  I have a Xikar and Colibri and both are exceptional lighters.  I also have a number of single flame but if I need to the, Xikar Allume is the preference.   And they can be had at a really good price
I got a Xikar Allume also. I’ve sent it back twice and it still will not work.
Sorry to hear, mostly Xikars are damn reliable but I have a soft flame that give me fits also
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

gitfiddl

I prefer a single torch to the multiples.  Butane lasts longer and I like the accuracy when touching up a wobbly burnline.  And in my experience, the cheap Ronson JetLites are as good as the more expensive ones.  I've never had a Xikar last longer than a year.  I've got three or four that I still need to send back.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

jrfoxx

I too use a vertigo triple flame and like it. I got a 2 for $10, so it 2as a r real bargain.

Murphy223

Picked up the Vertigo Triple and really like it so far.

BewareDaPenguin

I been using the Cobber Quad I picked it up off Amazon (don't forget to login to amazon with geeks!!!) when it was on sale for $10, bada$$ lighter, sick of my "wind proof" lighters going out on the golf course, that Cobber Quad kicks out a nice flame and it's got diffusers in it to keep the flame equally heated and predictable would def recommend for $10 they are typically $15 on amazon but you can catch them on a deal
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

Xikar X-Flame is perfect for outdoor conditions... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.