New Box Pass - Interest?

Started by Silverstix, 03/29/2019 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

Fellow geeks,

I have just recently participated in my first box pass run by Kent (05Venturer), now I would like to run my first box pass.  I'd like to gauge your interest...

Many of us post here daily, or almost daily.  A lot of us have bought and sold cigars from each other, traded with each other, or sent cigars for no reason because we are just good people.  But I feel like I don't know much about you all personally...

So my idea is to run a box pass with the usual rules and requirements, but a twist - when you send the box to the next guy in line, you have to include something that has to do with a hobby or interest of yours with a little note about what it is and why it's important to you.  It could be something having to do with your favorite sports team, a favorite hobby, a favorite food, a place you like to go, etc.  Just so long as it's something that has personal meaning to you that you can share with another geek here. You must take a picture of the item received and acknowledge who it's from so we can all see it.

What do you guys think?  Would any of you be interested?

- Tom  

shakinghorizons

Define box pass - maybe I am taking it to literally.

Silverstix

A box, with a bunch of different cigars in it, that gets passed from participant to participant  :-0  :-0  :-0  :biggrin:  :cheers:

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Adwinistrator

Interesting concept.

My main concern is box size.  Plenty of hobbies out there, and depending on how many people this goes to, the box could fill up quite quickly.

Would you take out an object that other people put in, relating to their personal hobbies, before adding your own, or are they supposed to be remain until the end?

Silverstix

Nah, the thing you put in there is specifically for the next participant to take. Then they put something in there for the next person and so on. I'm talking a small trinket or something, nothing elaborate. Doesn't have be a hobby it can be anything relating to something about you

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 3/29/2019  8:49 AM

A box, with a bunch of different cigars in it, that gets passed from participant to participant  :-0  :-0  :-0  :biggrin:  :cheers:

Okay, could have gone either way, lol.

StogieDad

I'd be a player, sounds fun.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

gitfiddl

That's a neat idea!  I'd be interested.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.