Room101 Ichiban Maduro

Started by arrow34, 05/08/2019 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrow34

Hi All,

I know there have been a few discussions on bundle sticks here(oliva 2nds).  These have been getting a lot of buzz lately.  

The Room101 Ichiban Maduro bundles of 20 can be had for $37+tax+shipping, so around $47.  I am mildly curious.  Not enough to buy a bundle yet.  But might.  Anyone tried them yet?  I don't really need more cheap smokes... Just my OCD...  obsessive cigar disorder.

Deener27

In my opinion, they are meh cigars.  As far as Room 101 stuff is concerned, they should be low on your list.  Save up, get something better.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

arrow34

QuoteDeener27 - 5/8/2019  1:16 PM  In my opinion, they are meh cigars.  As far as Room 101 stuff is concerned, they should be low on your list.  Save up, get something better.

They are low on my list, I just get curious on cheaper bundles sometimes!  In my mind sometimes it is a bang for your buck.  I have plenty of sticks that are $8+.  There are more then a few that are in the $4-5 range that I caught on sale(usually retail for $8-$14 a stick) that are awesome.    It is the same reason that many here try the oliva sticks.  Curiosity.  It isn't about saving up a bit more to get something better in my opinion.  I usually do get something better and often, like many here, I buy more then I should.  Just looking for opinions...  My go to cheaper Maduro that is a decent stick, is the Aging Room Maduro Robusto.  Thank you for your input though!

Deener27

Quotearrow34 - 5/8/2019  12:32 PM

QuoteDeener27 - 5/8/2019  1:16 PM  In my opinion, they are meh cigars.  As far as Room 101 stuff is concerned, they should be low on your list.  Save up, get something better.

They are low on my list, I just get curious on cheaper bundles sometimes!  In my mind sometimes it is a bang for your buck.  I have plenty of sticks that are $8+.  There are more then a few that are in the $4-5 range that I caught on sale(usually retail for $8-$14 a stick) that are awesome.    It is the same reason that many here try the oliva sticks.  Curiosity.  It isn't about saving up a bit more to get something better in my opinion.  I usually do get something better and often, like many here, I buy more then I should.  Just looking for opinions...  My go to cheaper Maduro that is a decent stick, is the Aging Room Maduro Robusto.  Thank you for your input though!

No worries.  Smoke what you like.  I was just putting my 0.02 in since you asked.  The Room 101 Serie HN 305 is pretty good on value.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

arrow34

QuoteDeener27 - 5/8/2019  4:13 PM  
Quotearrow34 - 5/8/2019  12:32 PM  
No worries.  Smoke what you like.  I was just putting my 0.02 in since you asked.  The Room 101 Serie HN 305 is pretty good on value.

Funny enough that is one of the few room101 sticks I have on hand. I do appreciate your input. I am looking for people's take on that stick(ichiban maduro), but looking like, you get what you pay for bundle. 

1sgjeffward

Am a fan of many of the 101's and have smoked one of the Ichiban Maduro Toro. Gotta say on that one not overly impressed. Had a little bit of an acrid taste to it. Was almost like they were struggling to make sure that it was FULL strength and expected that to just overwhelm any chances of flavor? Yes it can be had easy as a $3 stick which are always good to have around but I would pick another. Now trust me you can look through my VH and I have plenty of top dollar stuff! However, I always keep smokes around that I can have on the bike while I ride. Always have 2-3 bundles of Gran Habano Vintage Corojo 2002 Robusto's in different stages of aging because they change and I will argue with anyone are a GOOD stick after about 12-18 months!! Ambos Mundos, CAO and Ramon B. all make some good alternatives as well.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

arrow34

Quote1sgjeffward - 5/10/2019  3:40 AM  Am a fan of many of the 101's and have smoked one of the Ichiban Maduro Toro. Gotta say on that one not overly impressed. Had a little bit of an acrid taste to it. Was almost like they were struggling to make sure that it was FULL strength and expected that to just overwhelm any chances of flavor? Yes it can be had easy as a $3 stick which are always good to have around but I would pick another. Now trust me you can look through my VH and I have plenty of top dollar stuff! However, I always keep smokes around that I can have on the bike while I ride. Always have 2-3 bundles of Gran Habano Vintage Corojo 2002 Robusto's in different stages of aging because they change and I will argue with anyone are a GOOD stick after about 12-18 months!! Ambos Mundos, CAO and Ramon B. all make some good alternatives as well.

Thanks for the input, I passed on the 101 maduros,  I have had a few of the other room 101s.  I do want to try the cool arrow when I find them locally.  

As to the Gran Habano Vintage Corojo 2002... I have to agree, good stick after some resting time.  I usually keep a few around for a switch up.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.