Special Occasions 3.0 - Too many have gone by!

Started by BewareDaPenguin, 05/16/2019 07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

Geeks! So it's been about 2 years since I did my last special occasions pass! And it was 3 years before when 1.0 started! So gauging interest in possibly starting up S.O. 3.0! I have to travel this weekend but Sunday was thinking about putting together 12-20 seed cigars, but wanted to gauge interest 1st before I set anything up, would be nice to get 8-10 players and we actually went around twice last time so gave everyone a second look at the box as it traveled so fast and it worked out really well!! You guys know the rules and if you don't then you probably don't qualify for the pass, veteran or higher status, blah blah blah it's typically a high priced box going around so we like "vetted" geeks to play, but if you think you qualify or have someone vouch for you I'm sure it's fine! Let's see who wants to play, check out the old passes to see how the went, I think everyone really enjoyed it and I had a good time reading the stories and watching all the amazing P & T"s!!! It's a wild one prices range from roughly $5 to over $120 so there's something in there for almost everyone, but the idea is obliviously a cigar that you tuck away for a special occasion such as a wedding, birthday, anniversary etc, again you can check the past 2 passes to get an idea! Well let's see who wants to play and if we get enough people, I've kept it just in the US because of customs and the value of the boxes we don't want to lose them!!! So again who wants to play!!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

shakinghorizons

Sounds like a great pass Adam - I'm in!

Silverstix

Sounds very cool, I would be interested for sure.....gotta get rid of some of these dog rockets anyway  :lmao:

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BewareDaPenguin

Oh gosh they all should still be in there lol, I'm not sure I just know we all had fun and there's gonna be some great cigars in the box I haven't smoked that much in the past year or so, so there's a lot of good sticks sitting in my humidor lol just smoked a Cohiba Sig 2 & Opus X Siglo when I went to The Masters last month so those are the types of cigars I'll plant in the seeds, some other seeds I have used are Tat monsters I like to smoke around Halloween obliviously and some of those aren't as expensive but still a special occasion cigar! The 1st Pass John put a Feral Pig because he smoked those on his wedding anniversary, and he did because his wife, then girlfriend I think said something to the effect of I'll marry you when Pigs Fly :biggrin: so again great cigars, great stories and great geeks have all played!

BewareDaPenguin

ninfiction

I'll be gone for a week in June but I'd be down.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Kid Montana

I'd love to participate, but with the summer season coming on and me living in AZ, I'd rather not put a pass through USPS into the desert south.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Cfickter

Enjoyed the last one, so I would be up again!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

Great man it's a go then for sure we got some top notch geeks here!!' Would love to add more hop on in I'll get it fired up Sunday!!

BewareDaPenguin

It's all good bro your in if you'd like, I'd think they'd be safe if nobody else has an issue I don't? I'd think they'd be ok if we communicate when it's going to arrive? Should be all good

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteKid Montana - 5/16/2019  6:18 PM

I'd love to participate, but with the summer season coming on and me living in AZ, I'd rather not put a pass through USPS into the desert south.

Sorry meant to put all that here lol, I'm getting old lol

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Adwinistrator

Please count me in if there's room.  :D

nickthafish

QuoteAdwinistrator - 5/17/2019  3:14 PM

If they would allow it and you feel strongly enough to vouch for me based on what you know about me from other sites, I'd love to join and become more involved in this community.

Adwinistrator

Quotenickthafish - 5/17/2019  5:30 PM

QuoteAdwinistrator - 5/17/2019  3:14 PM

If they would allow it and you feel strongly enough to vouch for me based on what you know about me from other sites, I'd love to join and become more involved in this community.

Most definitely will vouch for you!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.