Special Occasions 3.0 - To Many Have Gone By!

Started by BewareDaPenguin, 05/16/2019 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Special Occasions 3.0 - To Many Have Gone By!'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

The idea of the pass is basically cigars that you have set aside for a special occasion. There's any number of reasons we smoke sticks, some daily smokes, and then sometimes we get some free time on your birthday, a wedding anniversary, sporting event, child birth, etc that's the idea behind the pass. There's been 2 other passes before with some really stellar sticks! This years sticks have some age and some are harder to find in the $5-25 range, but still a nice selection that i think anybody would be happy to try something they've been wanting to. I don't like being a P & T critic so like i mentioned before if you don't  know the rules to a pass then you probably shouldn't be in this one. Also because of the value and customs i've kept this one just in the US. Not sure what else to say there's always been some great geeks and some great stories that have been told, so let me know if you'd like to join and let's have some fun!

Pass 1: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=cigs;boxpass_id=184

Pass 2: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=cigs;boxpass_id=246

Let's just have fun!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Silverstix

Count me in! Would love to join if you'll have me. I think you'll find my credit is good here

BewareDaPenguin

StogieDad

Well seeded my brother!  Looking forward to this.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteStogieDad - 5/16/2019  10:47 PM

Well seeded my brother!  Looking forward to this.

Yeah man should be a fun pass! They have all been great, but this could be the best yet!! I've had a few of those a while I have been saving for some special occasions and I guess I never found the right time for some of them, so maybe you guys will!! That's how I came up with the title lol

Silverstix

Holy seeds Batman!! This is gonna be a lot of fun, thanks for having me!

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteSilverstix - 5/16/2019  10:55 PM

Holy seeds Batman!! This is gonna be a lot of fun, thanks for having me!

Absolutely should be a great pass!

Adwinistrator

If there's room, I'd love to join the pass.

I also will vouch for nickthafish, he's a trustworthy BOTL I've known for a while on other sites.  If there's room, could we add him as well?

BewareDaPenguin

Still got a few more invites out there from past participates waiting to see if they'd like to play! Then we can get the order set and kick it off!

BewareDaPenguin

Ok just waiting on 1 invite to see, then we can kick it off, I know Kid Montana would like it early and Ninfliction would like to get it later, I'm guessing I will send the box down south then 1st possibly right to Kid. Does anybody else have any traveling issues, or spot placement issues? I guess I'll attempt to set the order by tomorrow if I haven't heard anything and then we can kick it off? Sound good?

BewareDaPenguin

Pass order updated! Take a look! I will ship the box priority by this Friday so I'd guess it would get to Kid by May 30th at the latest? Let me know if you have any issues with your spot, need to move in, or out of a slot for some reason. Had Kid up front and Ninfliction at the back end right now since they messaged me!! Please speak up if you need moved would like the pass to flow well like it has in years past! Excited to get it going!!

Vroomp

That LG Lancero would be nice......... Hint, Hint..........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BewareDaPenguin

Lol yes I been saving that Litto Gomez for my buddy Brad lol so Daniel if you want that you gotta deal with Vroomp :biggrin:

BewareDaPenguin

Let's all have fun! Should be an epic pass! Great geeks, great sticks should be great fun man! I've had many of these sticks for a while so I'm hoping everyone who's in the pass finds some good ones that they have been wanting to try! And depending on how fast it travels again maybe we give people a 2nd shot at the box if they'd like, just like we did last time! Looking forward to seeing how it develops boys!!

ninfiction

Awesome!

Thanks for moving me down the list Adam.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

BewareDaPenguin

Ok today is Weds and I didn't have any emails about spots so take a look again and if you are happy or need to move let me know! I'll post 1 more time tomorrow about spots then plan on shipping out Friday!!! :smoker:

BewareDaPenguin

1 more thing before we get the pass started, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL me with your Puts & Takes!!! It holds up the pass if I can't respond and I just put numbers on the boxes because we have to, but it's hard to put a "price" on an out of production cigar with 5+ years of good age on it! As most of you know I'm not a P & T Nazi and I won't say No, if you see something you'd like take it and do your best to put something in you"d think another fellow geek would really enjoy! Most all of you know more about cigars then I do anyways so who am I to judge! Again I've saved many of these for special occasions I've never gotten to smoke so maybe you guys will and really enjoy it! Like I said it's hard to price some of these cigars as I'm sure some of the Puts will Be hard to price so let's just have fun and pass around some amazing cigars and everybody have fun! :smoker:

Silverstix

I'm good with my spot, let's get this thing going!!

Adwinistrator

Really looking forward to this.  I already have a cigar or two picked out for my puts...

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteAdwinistrator - 5/23/2019  11:28 AM

Really looking forward to this.  I already have a cigar or two picked out for my puts...

Excellent! I'm excited as well! I haven't hosted a pass in about 2 years so I'm pumped to see people grab some cigars they have wanted and put some in they also enjoy! I think this has the potential to be an epic pass man and super stoaked to kick it off and see how it evolves!

Silverstix

BewareDaPenguin

We have heard from the last of the invites so the list is set, just gonna get it all boxed up tonight and ship tomorrow boys! Ready to get it rolling!! :biggrin:

shakinghorizons

BewareDaPenguin

I did get the box to the Post Office yesterday! So updated the transition page to Kid! So Daniel you are up my friend the box I would think should be there Tues? I sent it priority but I'd say weds at the latest with the holiday! Perfect geek to kick off the pass man hope you can find a few in there that you can enjoy bro!! Also I stuck $5 in the pass for whoever needs to repackage it, I couldn't find a long square Tupperware (I must have lost my good ones or they got used for food argh lol) anyways whoever wants to or decides to repackage the box can keep the $5 from me lol :biggrin: I'm excited to see how this one goes and I hope everyone has a good time and find some sticks they enjoy!! And we are officially underway!!!

Kid Montana

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 5/25/2019  7:22 AM

I did get the box to the Post Office yesterday! So updated the transition page to Kid! So Daniel you are up my friend the box I would think should be there Tues? I sent it priority but I'd say weds at the latest with the holiday! Perfect geek to kick off the pass man hope you can find a few in there that you can enjoy bro!! Also I stuck $5 in the pass for whoever needs to repackage it, I couldn't find a long square Tupperware (I must have lost my good ones or they got used for food argh lol) anyways whoever wants to or decides to repackage the box can keep the $5 from me lol :biggrin: I'm excited to see how this one goes and I hope everyone has a good time and find some sticks they enjoy!! And we are officially underway!!!

Waiting to receive, currently researching my Takes/Puts.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.