And the winners of my FREE Cigars contest are:

Started by 1sgjeffward, 05/26/2019 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

:meansmoke: LONG READ BUT FREE CIGARS IN THE END :meansmoke:

As some of you know, or can look if you're interested, a trade of mine got screwed up a couple of years ago :-0

Long story short:
-YES it has been OVER 2 years! 2 years or not I still owe and it's an issue for me.
-YES I received Brad's (cavenbk) box.
-YES I shipped mine Brad never received :angry:
-Making sure the other person in the trade gets his box and tracking it down if he didn't was MY RESPONSIBILITY.
-100% my fault so I owe the cigars.

THIS IS WHERE YOU GUYS COME IN :biggrin:

Here are Brads words with a solution to square it between us: "I appreciate you wanting to make things right, but to be honest at this point it would be a waste of cigars for you to do so. I have more or less stopped smoking cigars, save for a few occasions. Again, I appreciate you wanting to make things right, but save your cigars. Or better yet, if you really want to part with some, put together a care package of smokes to send to some troops. They will appreciate them."

I already send to the troops SO I'm going to do that this year AND hit 4 of you geeks AND help improve the site!!

Contest Rules:
Here is what you need to do:
1. Review just 1 cigar todays date or later (prefer one that has 0-2 reviews but not required.)
2. Post a picture of just 1 cigar todays date or later (prefer one that has 0-2 pictures but not required.)
3. Post on this thread a link to both the pic and the review.

-Do those 3 things and you get one entry. Each entry will be assigned a number in the order of the post!
 -Now here is another nice little twist. If you review 5 cigars, post 5 pictures and post it here then you get 5 entries!!
-24 June 2019 I will use a random number generator to pick the 4 winning numbers. Those 4 numbers will get one VERY nice surprise delivered in time for the 4th of July weekend!
-I guarantee that each package will be valued anywhere from $5-$575! :lmao:
-ONE of those packages will be VERY special indeed.

Now remember if only 1 person enters 4 times then they win! Reviews and photos is what makes our database shine so lets give it a kick

Good luck to everyone and let the games begin!

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

1sgjeffward

Quoteheadfirst - 5/26/2019  8:10 AM

Great idea Jeff!

Hey it makes Brad happy, pays my debt, gives 4 geeks free cigars and you never know  over the course of a month it could help boost reviews and photos!

That's a win/win/win/win/win you gotta love that  :thumbsup:
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

appollo

nickthafish

Where does one find the cigar geeks ruler paper to print to take pictures with?

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

klamm143

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  Sounds like a plan........
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Kid Montana

Sounds like a good way to clear the air.  Give me some time and I think I might have a few reviews I can do.

I'd rather have a cigar...

nathanw13

Great way to do it, and a good way to spur some activity on the site.
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

Murphy223

Great idea.  Who doesn't love a chance for some free cigars especially when my humidor has (unfortunately) plenty of room lately  :-)  A great way for me to be a little more thoughtful and involved with my reviews.

I'm game to start things off.     Just smoked a Villiger San'Doro Colorado Robusto .  Just posted my review and photo here but I guess the photo needs to be approved but adding here too.  

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=147410

kurtb718

Quote1sgjeffward - 5/26/2019  9:19 AM

Quoteheadfirst - 5/26/2019  8:10 AM

Great idea Jeff!

Hey it makes Brad happy, pays my debt, gives 4 geeks free cigars and you never know  over the course of a month it could help boost reviews and photos!

That's a win/win/win/win/win you gotta love that  :thumbsup:

One thing that would have made this contest even better would have been if Brad would have gotten his cigars 2 years ago.  :confused:  :lmao:

junglepete

Thanks for the contest Jeff, it sounds good altogether.

Entry 1: Review

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=88748

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Joelala

Joe

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

ninfiction

Just a note. Every photo that is submitted has to be reviewed and approved manually...mainly by me. I will be out of town from June 2-7 so the approval will be delayed during that time.

I believe the idea of the contest is to submit the pics to the database, not just in this thread. There is a link in each database entry to submit your photo.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

kurtb718

Quoteninfiction - 5/29/2019  1:10 PM

Just a note. Every photo that is submitted has to be reviewed and approved manually...mainly by me. I will be out of town from June 2-7 so the approval will be delayed during that time.

I believe the idea of the contest is to submit the pics to the database, not just in this thread. There is a link in each database entry to submit your photo.

Yeah how childish  :lmao:

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 5/29/2019  1:10 PM

You can't take any time off.  I don't think you have enough PTO built up on this site.   :biggrin:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

1sgjeffward

Here are the number assignments for the first 7:
1.  Murphy223
2.  junglepete
3.  junglepete
4.  Murphy223
5.  junglepete
6.  junglepete
7.  Murphy223

and yes cigar photos need to be posted to the database. Just follow the instructions at the bottom of the cigars entry in the database this is printed with links provided:

Review this Cigar and earn points!
Upload a Picture for this Cigar and earn points!
Jeff

? André Gide

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

Murphy223

Murphy223

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.