Foxcigar again! Boveda Butler + free cigar $17 shipped.

Started by arrow34, 07/03/2019 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrow34

Hi All,

Buy at your own risk....  I did, but I am willing to try it out, see below and read some reviews(i didnt).. :/

I have been wanting to try out the boveda butler and foxcigar just sent an email out that they got them back in!  They are also offering a free cigar with the purchase.  It also include a calibration kit... (perfect to test out my other digital hygrometers).  Not a bad deal.

https://foxcigar.com/shop/accessories/boveda/boveda-butler/?utm_source=FoxCigar.com&utm_campaign=5084e1c4ac-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_01_25_10_23_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5cdd08ff13-5084e1c4ac-109988357&mc_cid=5084e1c4ac&mc_eid=cb0bd60996

Adwinistrator

I haven't used the Boveda Butler, but have seen lots of people struggling to get it working correctly.  Not sure if they are provide firmware updates, or if this is a newer version, but I'd look into users experiences before buying.

Or just pull the trigger and try it out.

Brlesq

Boveda Butler is a POS.  You can't calibrate it, and Boveda won't stand behind their product even when the humidity reading is off by 7%.  If it was FREE it would still not be a good deal!   :angry:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

arrow34

QuoteBrlesq - 7/3/2019  10:51 AM

Boveda Butler is a POS.  You can't calibrate it, and Boveda won't stand behind their product even when the humidity reading is off by 7%.  If it was FREE it would still not be a good deal!   :angry:

Well.. CRAP.  I guess I was hoping it was good.  didnt look up the reviews.... well. I guess the calibration kit is good for me and a cigar... better be good.

arrow34

I guess I should have checked out the reviews, so far lots of people not able to calibrate.... I use bovedas in my reach in humidors and trust them(well to humidify).  But crap.  Sorry.

I have seen a few guys says it takes longer to calibrate.... well maybe it will work?

Brlesq

Quotearrow34 - 7/3/2019  11:17 AM

I guess I should have checked out the reviews, so far lots of people not able to calibrate.... I use bovedas in my reach in humidors and trust them(well to humidify).  But crap.  Sorry.

I have seen a few guys says it takes longer to calibrate.... well maybe it will work?

I REPEAT . . . you cannot calibrate the Butler.  Its false advertising. They include a calibration kit (which is a 75% Boveda in a ziplock bag), and you stick the Butler in it for 24+ hours and your phone says "finished", but if the BUTLER is reading 82% after 2 days inside the 75% "calibration kit", there is no way to actually calibrate the Butler to bring it to down to 75%.  I guess you can just subtract 7% every time from the reading, but it kind of defeats the whole purpose and certainly any "wow" factor.  

I bought 2 units at the same time.  One is off by 1% (acceptable) and the other is off by 7% (unacceptable). Looking at the readings from multiple units on the same screen on my phone and figuring out which one I have to subtract 7 from every time is a pain in the ass.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

arrow34

Bummer.  I put a disclaimer on my original post.

arrow34

ok, I have been using mine for the last few weeks and so far it calibrated just fine and has been reporting the "correct humidity(within +-1)" and it also tracks the humidity over time in the app.  So far it is performing way better than expected.  I also calibrated my other electronic bt sensors and they are also how I evaluate the boveda sensor.  Holding steady at 66%

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.