I gotta tell ya....

Started by Silverstix, 07/03/2019 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

I gotta tell ya, there some really GREAT people in this group. In the couple of years I’ve been here I have had the chance to interact with some of the most generous and genuinely nicest people I’ve ever experienced. People who really care, people who ask about the family, people who go above and beyond in so many ways - from the geek critiques, the cigar bombs, GEEK MATH, the contests, the advice. I wish that some of you guys lived closer so we could get together for a drink and a great cigar. This is more than just a website, at least for me. I look forward to logging on every day and talking with you all. 

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteSilverstix - 7/3/2019  11:28 PM

I gotta tell ya, there some really GREAT people in this group. In the couple of years I've been here I have had the chance to interact with some of the most generous and genuinely nicest people I've ever experienced. People who really care, people who ask about the family, people who go above and beyond in so many ways - from the geek critiques, the cigar bombs, GEEK MATH, the contests, the advice. I wish that some of you guys lived closer so we could get together for a drink and a great cigar. This is more than just a website, at least for me. I look forward to logging on every day and talking with you all. 

I'd hafta 100% agree bro!! I was lucky to have Byron catch that I lived close when I 1st joined and got up with his cigar group which meets monthly and that's been awesome! But as far as the site goes I'd hafta agree as well!! I have just sent an email seeing how someone was I hadn't talked to in a while! I can't imagine being on another cigar site and I consider myself lucky to have found this one, I've been around and I think the consensus is the same, it's a great site with great people that do good things man!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ninfiction

You guys need to join the google herfs. They are active most every night from 7-9 central...give or take an hour, later on weekends.

I will echo everything said so far. I started on reddit, but this is definitely home. Guys here I absolutely consider friends.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

Hit the nail on the head Tom, it's a great group.  Wish I had the time you fellas do for those herfs, always a good time whenever I've been able to get on.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 7/4/2019  12:40 AM

You guys need to join the google herfs. They are active most every night from 7-9 central...give or take an hour, later on weekends.

I will echo everything said so far. I started on reddit, but this is definitely home. Guys here I absolutely consider friends.

How do you know about google herfs?   :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

But seriously though, this is a fantastic group.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

appollo

Yea it sounds like a real good time ,but my internet sucks,it is ulta slow.That rural Nova Scotia. :-(

ninfiction

QuoteDeener27 - 7/4/2019  9:15 AM

I used to join quite often until you showed up. Now every time I join I'm distracted by something in your garage and it ruins my smoking enjoyment  :lmao:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

I would have to agree with all the comments here. And Wood especially encourage anyone to hop on the Google Herfs at any time. I consider myself even more fortunate and being able to meet many of the great Geeks In person also and I would like to think that many have become great friends
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

quickme

This is an amazing group of individuals!

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 7/4/2019  6:41 PM

I used to join quite often until you showed up. Now every time I join I'm distracted by something in your garage and it ruins my smoking enjoyment  :lmao:

Would it be polite for me to send you a Portillo's Chocolate Cake to make up for it then?

Sorry that you're so easily distracted.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

QuoteDeener27 - 7/5/2019  8:15 AM

Would it be polite for me to send you a Portillo's Chocolate Cake to make up for it then?

Sending chocolate cake to Brian???  You must have missed that herf, Dave!   :moon:
 :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 7/5/2019  3:55 PM

Sending chocolate cake to Brian???  You must have missed that herf, Dave!   :moon:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  Bruce you read my mind  :respekt:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Deener27

QuoteBrlesq - 7/5/2019  3:55 PM

No I was there for that.  I can't remember the last time I had laughed like that.  Hence the reference.

Beegerply

I'd join the herf's but my computer is so slow that by the time I got signed it the herf would be over :lmao:. however the one time that I joined on my phone I had a great time.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Silverstix

I may give it a shot tonight.  Wonder if I can join from my Amazon Fire tablet?

Silverstix

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/3/2019  9:47 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/3/2019  11:28 PM  I gotta tell ya, there some really GREAT people in this group. In the couple of years I’ve been here I have had the chance to interact with some of the most generous and genuinely nicest people I’ve ever experienced. People who really care, people who ask about the family, people who go above and beyond in so many ways - from the geek critiques, the cigar bombs, GEEK MATH, the contests, the advice. I wish that some of you guys lived closer so we could get together for a drink and a great cigar. This is more than just a website, at least for me. I look forward to logging on every day and talking with you all. 
I’d hafta 100% agree bro!! I was lucky to have Byron catch that I lived close when I 1st joined and got up with his cigar group which meets monthly and that’s been awesome! But as far as the site goes I’d hafta agree as well!! I have just sent an email seeing how someone was I hadn’t talked to in a while! I can’t imagine being on another cigar site and I consider myself lucky to have found this one, I’ve been around and I think the consensus is the same, it’s a great site with great people that do good things man!

Byron is a top notch BOTL for sure.  He has an open invitation to be treated to a great cigar and a drink if he's every in my neck of the woods

Beegerply

QuoteSilverstix - 7/8/2019  12:15 PM

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/3/2019  9:47 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 7/3/2019  11:28 PM  I gotta tell ya, there some really GREAT people in this group. In the couple of years I've been here I have had the chance to interact with some of the most generous and genuinely nicest people I've ever experienced. People who really care, people who ask about the family, people who go above and beyond in so many ways - from the geek critiques, the cigar bombs, GEEK MATH, the contests, the advice. I wish that some of you guys lived closer so we could get together for a drink and a great cigar. This is more than just a website, at least for me. I look forward to logging on every day and talking with you all. 
I'd hafta 100% agree bro!! I was lucky to have Byron catch that I lived close when I 1st joined and got up with his cigar group which meets monthly and that's been awesome! But as far as the site goes I'd hafta agree as well!! I have just sent an email seeing how someone was I hadn't talked to in a while! I can't imagine being on another cigar site and I consider myself lucky to have found this one, I've been around and I think the consensus is the same, it's a great site with great people that do good things man!

Byron is a top notch BOTL for sure.  He has an open invitation to be treated to a great cigar and a drink if he's every in my neck of the woods

Thanks so much Tom someday for sure.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

StogieDad

Agreed.  While I have a younger kid the herfs are hard to make.  But I have met guys I certainly consider friends, learned a ton, experienced true generosity and tried to exhibit some of my own.  Guys on here are truly a different breed, not just here for what they can get but for the comradery, atmosphere, and fun.  I wouldn't have hung around so long if that weren't the case.  I truly hope you guys know who you are that I call friends!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

This is the BEST cigar site on the planet!! I've met some of you in person, traded with, bombed and been hit, and so much more. The generosity, and genuine kindness that pervades CG is second to none. I haven't been able to make the herfs like I used to since opening up TCV, but I highly recommend y'all check it out. It's fun, you'll get yer ball$ busted, laugh, and meet some of the finest folks around. Thank you for letting me be a small part of a big deal!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

klamm143

Absolutely......good folks here!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.