Visited the "other" cigar factory

Started by amigodecigars, 08/02/2019 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

A fellow BOTL and I visited the other cigar factory in Puriscal, Costa Rica, Tabacos de la Cordillera, and picked up some new sticks to try.  The online brands are; Kalavera, Eureka, Cumbres, Maduro Ltda. edition, Fundacion Ancestral, Purisco and Colina.  They produce El Septimo for the European market...https://www.el-septimo.ch/    The photo below are the samples we got yesterday; tobaccos from DomRep, Nicaragua, Costa Rica.  https://www.tabacordilleracr.com/
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

amigodecigars

Yes, Jenny is still there, a sweetheart!  I think that she has been there for 16 years.  Philip Wynn left the farm and it is now being run by Jose Gonzalez, IGM cigars.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Murphy223

Looks good. Let us know how they rate

arrow34

Interesting. Please do share how they rate and maybe comparisons.

amigodecigars

I will follow up with how they rate and any information that the factory will give me.  So far I have liked what I have smoked; Fundacion Ancestral, Nelson, 90%.  It will be hard to make comparisons because I only smoke sticks made in Costa Rica.

arrow34

Quoteamigodecigars - 8/7/2019  10:51 AM

I will follow up with how they rate and any information that the factory will give me.  So far I have liked what I have smoked; Fundacion Ancestral, Nelson, 90%.  It will be hard to make comparisons because I only smoke sticks made in Costa Rica.

Why do you only smoke sticks make in Costa Rica?  :smoker:

amigodecigars

I rarely travel, imported cigars pay very high taxes, I like the CR cigars.  Sometimes a friend will bring me other cigars, I remember getting  an Arturo Fuente Anejo Shark No. 77 that was "outstanding."

headfirst

I'm enjoying a Diamante right now John, very good stick.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

amigodecigars

To follow-up on my original post.  All of the cigars we smoked from Tabacos de la Cordillera by IGM cigars were well constructed, burned well with copious amounts of smoke.  The Dominican Toro was mild, not flavorful, cost $2.40. The torpedo 'ligero Esteli'  was mild to medium and the primary flavor was pepper, cost $2.40. The Toro 90% was also good and also $2.40 and our favorite was the "Nelson", smooth, mild to medium, creamy with floral notes and some pepper, $2.00.  All of the sticks were unbanded. You can see their web site for other options.  No shipping expenses for me since I live close to the factory in Puriscal.

arrow34

Thanks for the update!  I was curious.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.