Secret Santa 2019

Started by 05Venturer, 10/02/2019 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

I'm gonna get this fired up early this year so we can get our  "kids" picked early and get have more shopping time. (And thanks for the reminder nirab)  :thumbsup:
It's that time of year, time to get the Secret Santa rolling again. Here's how it works:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SIGNING UP THANX

Let me know in this thread if you are interested in participating. You must have achieved Veteran status or higher to be part of this. The cutoff date to get your name in will be November 8th, no exceptions will be made to this. You will then be assigned, at random, another person from the list to play Santa for. You will send your recipient a total of six cigars. This will include 5 good quality sticks, which you think your recipient will enjoy. One of these five sticks should be designated as a New Years Eve smoke, typically people have done this with the highest end or most rare stick they send, though this is not required. The sixth cigar you send is the "Lump of Coal" cigar, and should be a smoke that would be worthy of giving to a cigar mooch or annoying relative.

The cigars MUST be sent in time to arrive before Christmas. Please take into account that mail is typically a little slower at that time of year. Also, please remember this is a SECRET Santa, you aren't supposed to let your recipient know you are their Santa. (Until the gift arrives, anyway.)  

here is last years thread  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=51972.0
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

I'm not reading anything, sign me up
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Kid Montana

I'm also used to accepting without reading.  I'm in.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Adwinistrator

appollo

headfirst

Wouldn't miss this, even if I have to read the  :blahblah:   :rocker:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

arrow34

Cfickter

Shhhhh!, it's a secret, but I'm in!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

I will decline....to miss this!  Count me in.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nickthafish

I'm in since I am now veteran status and this is my 101st post!

Murphy223

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

MusicCity

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Kid Montana

nirab

Count me in...and you are very welcome my friend!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Just over 3 weeks to get in on this Geeks.
Join up and Help spread some Holiday Geek Cheer :party:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Kent

nirab

If any of y'all are eligible for this and have not signed up...you have no idea what you are missing out on!! Git off yer arse n sign up...NOW!!!! :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MusicCity

Kid Montana

RDF

Okay, I'll hop in if you'll have me. Can't be a hermit forever.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.